Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Real NZ NZCH released

Unimpresssed with many of the textures on those pics. Many look flat and lack depth especially the jetways. I'll pass.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

2 hours ago, stevefocus said:

I have the latest installer according to your forum, I downloaded it Monday morning UK time. Any other ideas for fixing it?

So does it look like GSX is picking up my .ini file? What about using the SODE menu, does that recognise gate 30?

This is a dual gate, you should be able to dock them both using SODE or GSX. 

1 hour ago, Lenny777 said:

Unimpresssed with many of the textures on those pics. Many look flat and lack depth especially the jetways. I'll pass.

You mean compared to the real NZCH?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, toprob said:

So does it look like GSX is picking up my .ini file? What about using the SODE menu, does that recognise gate 30?

This is a dual gate, you should be able to dock them both using SODE or GSX. 

It looks like it’s picking up your ini file as the safedocks are there (I assume the placement for those come from ini file) also SODE recognises the gate. It’s just there is no option in gsx for any gate operations. All I get are the options you get when you land,  asking you to pick a gate then if you want follow me or to be warped there, even though I load the sim at the gate.

Edited by stevefocus

Ah, ok, it looks like a discrepancy between the AFCAD parking at the GSX stop point. (These are adjusted independently, and tweaked constantly.)

If you go to the GSX menu, choose gate 30, and 'warp me', it'll move forward quite a lot. I'll tweak this in any update, but in the meantime, 'warp me' is a quick solution. If you park at this gate, GSX should stop you in the proper place.

EDIT: my testing always started with a saved flight, parked up already, so it was always where GSX expected it. 

Yet another edit: This sort of thing is inevitable, I think, as the airport parking uses a different point to place the aircraft, while GSX is designed to align the door with the jetways -- because I use a smaller aircraft (old faithful 737) to set the parking, larger aircraft will not be suitably placed by the AFCAD, but they should be fine with GSX putting them in the right place, either using 'warp me' or using the VGDS.

Edited by toprob

Just a quick note -- I'm not sure how AVSIM feels about me doing support here, so please consider using my site's contact form, or the NZFF forum for support questions.

1 hour ago, toprob said:

Just a quick note -- I'm not sure how AVSIM feels about me doing support here, so please consider using my site's contact form, or the NZFF forum for support questions.

We had many many pages of REX EF/SF related threads where developers participated and gave some support. So I think it should be fine, though it is better to use the appropriate support forum when it comes to specific problem discussions.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Thanks, Harry, I used to have a support forum here years ago, but moved it to the local NZ forum. So I am a bit unsure of what I can and can't do here.

Tried warp to the spot like you suggested, it moves me a couple of inches further towards the gate but it does not fix the issue, I still get asked for which parking spot after. I have registered on the nzff like you asked just waiting for them to activate my account.

PMDG 747-8, also another minor problem is aft jetway cant reach door 2L

Edit: just tried it with FSL A320 and that has the same problem, will try another gate and see what happens.

Edit Just tried at gate 29 and 28 and they worked fine. Looks like it's isolated to gate 30.

Edited by stevefocus
add info

18 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

Best and only real interpretation of Christchurch Airport currently available in the flightsim world...Maybe some aspects don't work for you,,, but  as a Kiwi I am grateful for all the work put into this and really appreciate the layout..Finally a realistic CHC to fly into and out of!!  Thanks Robin!!

• Like 1

After installing Orbx South Island, Christchurch had a very low FPS. After installing NZCH, the low FPS got a little improvement, but it was still low, and the texture was relatively primitive, far less than the NZWN of FB. And there will be problems with the texture flickering.
I think he should optimize the entire Christchurch area and upgrade the FPS.

3 hours ago, cdv0007 said:

After installing Orbx South Island, Christchurch had a very low FPS. After installing NZCH, the low FPS got a little improvement, but it was still low, and the texture was relatively primitive, far less than the NZWN of FB. And there will be problems with the texture flickering.
I think he should optimize the entire Christchurch area and upgrade the FPS.

My experience is the opposite.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

3 hours ago, cdv0007 said:

And there will be problems with the texture flickering.

Bear in mind that the flickering textures are fixed in the latest installer. There is also a reasonably easy fix for those who don't want to redownload. See my site for details.