Sign in to follow this  
gypsyczar

ATSU and FS2Crew?

Obviously I have not had time to read through all of the manual.  However I'm sure that some of the beta testers know the answers

Just how does FS2Crew integrate with the ATSU flows implicit in the FSLabs software?  Are there any conflicts with some of the GSX interactions or door openings/closings?  If running the FS2CREW cockpit preparation countdown are there any impact on the ATSU flows or timings 

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

We don't integrate with ATSU at all.  We don't have access to any internal data associated with it.

Remember running the Pre-Flight events is optional in FS2Crew.

For the doors:  We disabled our traditional ability to open and close the doors.

This was done to prevent any possible conflicts with the Airbus internally, and to prevent a possible pressurization issue on a packs off takeoff.

Bryan,

Thanks.  I'll initially try it without the pre-flight events and see what happens

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

17 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I used the ATSU during beta testing no issues with GSX and ATSU. 

Mark - Any chance you will be doing one of your wonderful Flows/Checklists for this one?  I always find them very helpful and more condensed than using the official docs.

Thanks!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 hours ago, MarkW said:

Yes!  Its done, just doing one final check of the document and will upload to Avsim this afternoon so you should have it tomorrow morning.

will they in .pdf?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

15 hours ago, MarkW said:

Yes!  Its done, just doing one final check of the document and will upload to Avsim this afternoon so you should have it tomorrow morning.

Awesome! Best tool for flying airliners is Fs2crew, best tool for using Fs2crew are your checklists! 

Thank you 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Would it be possible in a future update to be able to command the F/O to get the ATIS or metar? That should only require to push some buttons on the mcdu. That could be very handy in a high workload situation just before take-off or landing when making sure that one has the latest available info. 

Well there's a config option that allows the PM to attempt to get the MS default ATC ATIS during his preliminary cockpit setup flow.

So you mean you want the FO get the ATIS via ATSU, and have it printed out...

Hmmmm, that may be possible to do because I can press the buttons on the MCDU...

Yep, with the latest FSL you don't even have to write the ICAO for the airports any more, just go to the AOC and the press DEP/ARR ATIS or WX and then METAR. It would be very nice not to have to fiddle around the menus during taxi.

But I've never heard of anyone checking a METAR during taxi.

You generally check the weather during pre-flight and cruise.

And in FS2Crew, during the cruise phase you pass control to the other pilot so you can do your PABBA routine... and remember the first A is ATIS... and that you do yourself.

19 hours ago, MarkW said:

I am very thankful that you make these Checklists... but the fact that this is an excel sheet is horrible for me. There is no file type out there that is harder to export to PDF or print out in a useful format then excel. At least for me. As I only use Open Office Calc it makes it even harder I think.

For example - I want to export to PDF and use the Icon at the top of Calc. It converts to PDF but first it converted all the checklists... but not the FSLabs one ^^ 

After some googling I made it somehow possible that it gets the FSLabs checklist, but now it shows half every half of a page on one page... the most useless printout ever.

Next useless trie was that I got it on single pages, but now the checklists on the end of the page are cut in half between two pages ^^

There is no really preview, and no clear functions... Calc and Excel are just my worst enemys out there in the wide world of programs. 😛

I would be infinitely grateful if anyone can convert me the FSLabs sheet into PDF!? 

Thank you very very much!

Edited by Rhinozherous

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020