Sign in to follow this  
kingm56

GA Aircraft Recommendation

The old Caravan of courage is a good aircraft.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

On 7/13/2019 at 4:46 PM, kingm56 said:

Preferably, I'm looking for a twin prop with windshield effects (e.g. TrueGlass).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Are you sure you didn't mean a twin piston ? coz nothing mentioned here is a twin prop, if you mean piston then I like my 310Redux modified with trueglass and RealLight.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

6 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Are you sure you didn't mean a twin piston ? coz nothing mentioned here is a twin prop, if you mean piston then I like my 310Redux modified with trueglass and RealLight.

If "prop" is shorthand for "turboprop", there are various King Airs to choose from..

The Flight1 version and the Carenado C90GTX are both good.. :smile:

And.. unfortunately, the above mentioned  Turbine Duke is no longer for sale.. :unsure:

Bert

44 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

and the Carenado C90GTX are both good.. the above mentioned  Turbine Duke is no longer for sale.. :unsure:

I've really be disappointed with the Carenado G90 and B350i and I'm being polite. What I do like in Carenado for GA is the PC12 but that's a single prop and the CT206H STATIONAIR but single piston. But I would trade all my carenado's a D8/400 in a second. I wish that Carenado would stop pumping out new planes and just fix/update what they have.

I still don't understand why anyone hasn't taken on making a Turbine Duke Redux.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

38 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

I still don't understand why anyone hasn't taken on making a Turbine Duke Redux.

Rob Young of RealAir Simulations has retired, and the Turbine Duke with him..

RealAir delivered a standard of excellence that is only matched by a2a in my opinion..

However, with some user fixes/mods applied, the Carenado C90GTX / GTN 750 combo is quite nice and very flyable in my opinion..  :wink:

https://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-750-in-c90-gtx_topic54606.html

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Upvote 1

Bert

On 7/13/2019 at 5:03 PM, fppilot said:

The Milvix Cessna C310 Redux version is a great twin GA that has what you describe.  It is widely acclaimed.  Also, the Milviz Beech Baron B55 is another excellent GA twin, but I believe lacks trueglass.  Both are available for P3D.

A2A does some good internal effects from humidity and temperature in the cockpit, but they have not delved into twins.

Is the C310 Redux REALLY that much better than Milviz's regular c-310?  If you think so, I may spend the extra money on it and get it.

Stan

Stan,
On my system I had a myriad of issues with the original.  That's why I replaced it with the Redux.  Short version of story, with the original the light was dismal, and if I looked at that 310 from an external view I had strange light artifacts on the plane.  Sort of like that comedy skit where the clown has fly-paper stuck to this shoe...  And if I flew east away from a setting sun at dusk, the landscape in front of that original 310 would light up for miles and miles ahead of the plane.  And that strange lighting would grow more and more intense with time until the scenery was fully bleached out.

The Redux flight dynamics are improved, GPS integration is much easier to manage, and the controls of internal lighting, panel, gauges, etc is very realistic and a treat to adjust.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

20 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Stan,
On my system I had a myriad of issues with the original.  That's why I replaced it with the Redux.  Short version of story, with the original the light was dismal, and if I looked at that 310 from an external view I had strange light artifacts on the plane.  Sort of like that comedy skit where the clown has fly-paper stuck to this shoe...  And if I flew east away from a setting sun at dusk, the landscape in front of that original 310 would light up for miles and miles ahead of the plane.  And that strange lighting would grow more and more intense with time until the scenery was fully bleached out.

The Redux flight dynamics are improved, GPS integration is much easier to manage, and the controls of internal lighting, panel, gauges, etc is very realistic and a treat to adjust.

Good answer. The Redux sounds so much more realistic.  I've even read where the cockpit textures showed more definition. The dynamics ALONE would make the purchase worth it since I really love the 310 as a "go to" GA aircraft.  One of my very favorites.

Thanks, Frank.

Stan

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 5:02 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Twin prop...

Alabeo C421 is my favorite  :cool:

I put a good amount of weight in your opinions Bert. I went and took a good look over the Golden Eagle C421. I too am looking for a twin piston. I like the idea of placing the Flight1 GTN750 in it. I'm doing a long cross country, off and on, in the A2A V35 Bonanza trying to become more familiar with it.

Some of the comments from users on the Alabeo forum. although a few years old, had sub par comments regarding Alabeo documentation, although for a different aircraft. Are you pleased with the ease in which the GTN750 went in and the documentation over all.

It does look like a keeper. Hope it's OK to inject this into the twin discussions.

Cheers,

Bob

19 minutes ago, Radial9 said:

I put a good amount of weight in your opinions Bert. I went and took a good look over the Golden Eagle C421. I too am looking for a twin piston. I like the idea of placing the Flight1 GTN750 in it. I'm doing a long cross country, off and on, in the A2A V35 Bonanza trying to become more familiar with it.

Some of the comments from users on the Alabeo forum. although a few years old, had sub par comments regarding Alabeo documentation, although for a different aircraft. Are you pleased with the ease in which the GTN750 went in and the documentation over all.

It does look like a keeper. Hope it's OK to inject this into the twin discussions.

Cheers,

Bob

It is a really nice airplane, and I have published an autopilot fix for it (contact me via PM, including your email address).

The GTN 750 is supported natively and looks good in the panel.

Documentation from Alabeo/Carenado is typically subpar.. too bad but that is the way they do business.

Having said that.. to me, it is the feeling of sitting in cockpit that matters and on that score, this is truly one my favorite aircraft.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

20 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

However, with some user fixes/mods applied, the Carenado C90GTX / GTN 750 combo is quite nice and very flyable in my opinion..  :wink:

Very nice Bert, and that's just what I mean why can't Carenado just take some time and put the GTN750's in the C90 and the B350i or even the CT206.

5 hours ago, spilok said:

The Redux sounds so much more realistic.

Stan it's a tad to realistic for me, some have bought it and parked it, if you find yourself being in that situation try this. It's been a joy to fly ever since.

[flight_tuning]
p_factor_on_yaw          = 1.0  //p_factor_on_yaw  = -0.3
torque_on_roll           = 1.0  //torque_on_roll   = 0.3

[GeneralEngineData]
Engine.0 = 6.5, -0.5, 0.0  //Engine.0 = 6.5, -5.8, 0.0
Engine.1 = 6.5,  0.5, 0.0  //Engine.1 = 6.5,  6.2, 0.0

Edited by FPStewy

I never thought the Cessna 310R Redux needed any tuning.  Its super nice right out of the box. :)