Sign in to follow this  
ejy1

ParkPosGenerator Question

Okay I will give that a go Nico. BTW..are we supposed to see parked aircraft at our destination airport .. or just take offs and landings? Why I ask is that I just did a little flight from YYJ to YVR and I can see air craft movements and takeoffs and landings at YVR but no aircraft parked at any gate. 

Cheers.

If you fill in your destination airport in the UI you will see parked aircraft while you land.

Please read the manual about all that....

Edited by kiek

Hi Nico, should have done that. Now I'm sitting at YVR and had to rescan the airports with ParkPosGenerator again because I couldn't understand why only 4 aircraft parked at YVR compared to when I go to LAX and there are more that 60 parked with the default P3D ver 4 settings. I think your application doesn't like FSDT products. I performed a rescan and finally it recognised the FSDT YVR product but only a slight improvement in planes parked (7). BTW why do I see planes that have landed scoot across the airport perpendicular to the runway..really annoying. Also I will see planes that have landed fine then suddenly backtrack up the runway very fast. Very weird!

Well the supplier does not matter. They all use the same .bgl format, otherwise it would not work in FSX/P3D.... There must be something  wrong in your settings. In the generated file you can see how many parking positions it has found.

Make sure you are using the right file after a run of PPG. There are two places where PSXT searches. First in the parked_updates folder and if no file is found in the folder pointed to by your airports folder parameter.  There is text about that at the end of the FAQ. ("I'm confused about where to put the airport file").

@BTW I cannot do much about that, it is caused by irregularities in the data coming from RealTraffic. See the disclaimer in the Manual. If it is very bad you better fly at an airport with better ADS-B data at the ground, although it will never be 100% correct. 

EDIT: I've uploaded a new 15.3 that will give an info message if there are not enough parking positions with an airline+type option in the airport file for the wanted percentage parked.

Edited by kiek