Sign in to follow this  

I'd like selectable views... please!

Guest twsimfan

MS Combat Flight Sim 2 had one feature that FS is never had but always needed. You could easily place or remove a check by each view so that it could be included or not included in the "s key" rotation of views.Once I found that feature I immediatly unchecked the tower view. The tower view is worthless once you are 5 miles from your point of origin. Please give me the ability to leave it out of the rotation... I sure get tired of having to double click to get past it. :)

Guest tdragger

Or already implemented. However, just so you know, my first statement spoke to the net result of the request, not that it work the same way as CFS.

That view is an awesome view if you have Active Camera. They have this telephoto view which is spectacular.:)BTW... Would we have head latency in VC? I cannot live without Active Camera because of that.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Petervan

>No head latency + TrackIR is alot better ;)1. while rolling on rwy are you able to reproduce the ground turbulence effect and head movement with TIR ? I can't.2. head latency effect in Active Camera is much more realistic simply because it is based on FS2004 dynamic data (aircraft attitude and GForce parameter), i.e. pull up the stick up to 4 G's, your head naturally tends to move down, so it is in real aviation. With TIR the head latency is based on the user head movement, not on GForce.Anyway I have both programs and get best of them (TIR VE is a must).Peter Van Stichel

Guest Cell

On the subject of the tower view, is there any chance of increasing the view distance, as in when the view goes into follow mode. I understand the reasons for the change between FS02 and FS04 and yes it works a little better. The main "gripe" is for all the AI spotters. It would be nice if we could watch an AI aircraft approach from say 10 miles. This would tie in with when the labels appear and shouldn't cause too much problems as with the previous version of the tower view. Of course anything greater than that the view could go into the follow mode.please.....pretty please....with sugar on top :)

Guest tdragger

Let's just say what we have in store will make you forget *all* about the views in FS2004. ;)

Guest Cell

Sounds promising. As a wild stab in the dark, are the screen shots issued so far "standard" views ?

> The main "gripe" is for all the AI spotters. It would be nice if > we could watch an AI aircraft approach from say 10 miles.Thats doable in FS9 with Active Camera. Just press CTRL-SPACE and pan around with the mouse, or lock into an AI plane.

>1. while rolling on rwy are you able to reproduce the ground>turbulence effect and head movement with TIR ? I can't.I just shake my head while rolling on ground... *:-*

Guest tdragger

You'd have to ask Jason but by and large I'd say no.