Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andre_Hedegaard

FS9 Vs. FSX Screenshots 2

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

Here are some more screenshots, comparing default FS9 to FSX:It appears (thus far) that the buildings are very similiar to FS9, of course being treated with more FX from the sun. Seattle areahttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141881.jpgParishttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141882.jpgBerlinhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141883.jpgBerlinhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141884.jpgFrankfurthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141885.jpg

Guest Jimbofly

Wow!!! FSX to me looks like as big a step up from FS2004 visually as FS2004 was to FS2002! I was playing FS2002 for nostalgic purposes yesterday and it's amazing how much the sim has improved in FS2004. You really notice it when you go back a version.James

Guest AerLingusFan

IMO theres a huge improvement between the two sims from looking at those screenshots. I don't see your point you're trying to make though, why would Microsoft change landmark buildings? They're obviously going to look the same, only improved which is how they look above.I just hope that this version has some detail for Dublin which is a dead city in FS9 without the scenery of IFSD, and even then theres still a lot missing. You'd think a county like Ireland would get at least some attention to detail like London, Paris, Berlin and Rome have gotten.

Guest Dan G Martin

Hi there I see a great improvement in the buildings higher poly's for one but what I like the most is the specular hi-lighting on them. (FS9 did not have specular hi-lighting on scenery models) and that will make me one happly little person when I am modeling my scenery models!. Hi-lighting adds greatly to how one "sees" the world just think of how all the glass will look on that office tower in Frankfurt. I beleve we are all in for a treat for our eyes with FSx. Thanks Jason et al Dan Martin team Flight Ontario

Great comparison, love the Eiffel tower. :-eekWonder where you got that FSX shot of Frankfurt's Messeturm tho. :-hmmmCheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Guest kurtj

I would like to see some FSX screenshots of Southern California. I live there and I am just curious how realistic it is. If not I guess Socal Megascenery vs. 2 will probably work with FSX. I am curious if anyone has detailed KSNA and KSAN yet in this sim. I know KLAX has been detailed in the last two sims. Nice pics there. I am impressed with the looks of this sim.

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>Here are some more screenshots, comparing default FS9 to>FSX:>>It appears (thus far) that the buildings are very similiar to>FS9, of course being treated with more FX from the sun. >>>I've been waiting for the comparison shots from Frankfurt and Berlin to show up... :)I was forced to deliver shots from several European areas before we're really ready to show 'em.Theseare the same buildings as before, but with new shader effects to make 'em look better...Cheers,jason

>I was forced to deliver shots from several European areas>before we're really ready to show 'em.>Uh-oh. That's not good...having to do something before it's really ready...Of course, I have to do that at work quite often too...a deadline is a deadline I suppose...Rhett

Rhett

i7-8700k @ 5.0 ghz, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1080Ti, 32" BenQ, 4K res

>>>I was forced to deliver shots from several European areas>>before we're really ready to show 'em.>>>>Uh-oh. That's not good...having to do something before it's>really ready...>>Of course, I have to do that at work quite often too...a>deadline is a deadline I suppose...Keep in mind that this is an "artificial deadline" imposed only because of a premature announcment being made by PC Gamer magazine. Were it not for that, we'd still be waiting for the planned, official announcement! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Many Thanks to All That Donated To Our Server Drive!

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>>>>>I was forced to deliver shots from several European areas>>>before we're really ready to show 'em.>>>>>>>Uh-oh. That's not good...having to do something before it's>>really ready...>>>>Of course, I have to do that at work quite often too...a>>deadline is a deadline I suppose...>>Keep in mind that this is an "artificial deadline" imposed>only because of a premature announcment being made by PC Gamer>magazine. Were it not for that, we'd still be waiting for the>planned, official announcement! ;)>Actually, we planned on officially announcing FSX at CES. PC gamer was given info and screens timed to meet that (magazines have a long lead time). The wrong bits of info in the article are a resukt of bad info given to PCGamer, and their own mistakes.Cheers,J

Guest PC509

>> magazines have a long lead time). Which is why I've been sticking to online. Magazines are fun to read on the road, but online you have more of a community and more opinions. I think more magazines should put their content online, even with a subscription fee.

>Magazines are fun to read on the road, but online you have more of >a community and more opinions. I think more magazines should put >their content online, even with a subscription fee.>The web is usually more current as well IMHOCheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Core i7 3820 | Asus P9X79-DELUX SLI M/b | 32GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | DeepCool Gemmaxx Cooler
nVidia GTX580 1536MB GDDR3 Video | ASUS MW221u 21" WS LCD
2 x Kingston V300 240gb SSD RAID for OS and FSX | 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1Tb SATA HD's in RAID | 1 x 1Tb ext b/up drive
Antec P193 Case | Corsair 1000W PSU | MS Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
My website and aviation photo gallery - www.christopherbporter.com

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

>Theseare the same buildings as before, but with new>shader effects to make 'em look better...Yes, as I had expected, but thats not criticism, just a 'note'.Its great when art can be made to look "new" without actually redoing them, but with the help of effects to improve the appearance.Much like in music, having say a raw sawtooth waveform and then applying filters, the waveform is still the same, but changes due to the filters.