Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Wow, check this RC 1/6th scale Lockheed Constellation out!

• Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Nice ! Sound like am getting ready to cut the yard. But sounds like a airplane after take off.

Edited by reecemj

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

That is amazing. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Retractable gear, full light package.  In the 11th and 12th minutes if you listen you will learn he has control of mixtures and has multiple position flaps available.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The most beautiful airliner ever made...bar none.  I was a passenger on one from Tokyo to California with stops t Wake Island and Honolulu.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

My very first flight was on a Super Connie from Miami to San Francisco in 1952, with several intermediate stops along the way, although I can't remember where they were now...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

At age six I rode one from Howard AFB in the Canal Zone to Charleston AFB. It was a MATS bird. I remember the seats faced rearwards toward the back of the plane. Come to think of it that might be a safer configuration in a crash. This was around 1959.

Vic green

Very cool, indeed! My first TWA Connie flight was Washington DC to New Orleans in 1956. For lunch in coach class, first a HUGE shrimp cocktail! Those days are gone forever.

Yeah, I had seen that a bit earlier.   I get referred to videos like that since my usual YouTube diet is a mixture of model crafting, airbrushing and flight videos.   It's amazing how much dedication these folks have to bring their dreams to fruition, no ?

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

They're all so great, but usually terminate in such a hugly shape / form, that I gave up on R/C long ago ....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes, size is the real factor I limit myself to smaller "scale" models rather than RC.    That doesn't mean I don't appreciate their work, indeed I tip my hat to each and every one of those souls who not only model the planes, but risk their beloved models each and every time they take them out to fly them.

Salute !!!

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

The engines on the real Connie could be tricky to start too.. :tongue: Impressive model! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Nice landing, even in that crosswind! I wonder what the man hours are that goes into building something like that, very impressive! First flight must be very nerve-racking!

Beautiful model.

Thanks for posting, Alan.

Watching these RC models flying always reminds me of Hardy Kruger's reply in 'The Flight of the Phoenix' to criticism re his 'toy' aircraft....'They have to be better than a real aircraft - they have to fly themselves'.

Regards

Bill