Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Microsoft Vista will be late.

but it is MS who ultimately decides when it will be released, a developer is at the whims of the producer

True Alex, but Mike already stated that Bill really isn't in on the FS loop (more important things) so I tend to think Mike would have more insight and since it will work without Vista, seems logical to not delay it just because Vista will be late.I am looking forwad to Vista for many more reasons than just FS, so I am bummed, LOLRegards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

im not talking about bill, who isnt really on the loop with anythingim talking about the marketing team, who would want FSX to be a "launch title" ( i cant believe it has come to this on the PC, just like a console, thanks MS!) for the new OSwhat better way to show off the new software than with the most hardware and software intesnsive game around?but honestly I hope I'm wrong, I would not like to see it delayed, god knows how many times when I worked in the industry we had to deal with the marketing know-nothingsone thing that scares me, though, is support added later in a patch, thats asking for compatability problems, and that means performance problems as well. if you dont spend the whole testing cycle working with the best code you want to release, dont expect FSX to be light years above FS9

Guest Thad

Wow, okay, this topic is a little misleading. What Jim Allchin was saying was that he would not let a poor quality OS ship and, if necessary, he would delay his retirement and/or ship date to make sure that Windows Vista is a quality product. At this point, as far as anyone knows, Vista is on schedule to ship by the end of this year. Vista still has several months of testing and debugging to complete and who knows what surprises could crop between now and then, but until Microsoft announces an official delay I would assume that it

Guest Dennis_k

What would be the differancy between DX 9 and DX 10 when using FSX?Would it be significant, e.g. if you don't have a DX videocard you would mis out on a lot of detail?

Not from what I've read so far. - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

DX10 will require new hardware to work at all. This is irrespective of FSX, I guess they're dropping the software abstraction layer.

Why do you think they are dropping the software abstraction layer?Mike (tdragger) (I think it was Mike) keeps talking about how they use and will continue to use it, in fact perhaps adding even another layer in between.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest PC509

So, as an insider: Any clues on a timeframe for DX10 video cards? I'm waiting for the AM2, DDR2, and a good DX10 video card. This next computer upgrade will be done just for FSX. My system has no problems right now, but I want the best eye candy for FSX with DX10. Is it still speculated that there will be 2 releases (or at least a patch); DX9 & a re-release with DX10? You guys keep making me drool. Grass, waves, stewardesses (The pilot gets extra benefits) ;)!