Sign in to follow this  
thepainter

gtn 750 install

Hello

I have been unable to install the gtn 750, the forum support has lead me here, I have read many pages of help on the product but unfortunately my knowledge in these matters is limited.

I  don't want to waste anybody's time as I feel I have done what I can to get this product to install but with no joy, I tried to fill out a contact form on the reality xp website but even that refused to work as I am apparently in the wrong domain!

If there is anyone here who is able to point me in the right direction to at least get a refund that would be appreciated.   

I am sure you can get a refund.. but since this is your first post here, I just wonder..

Would you prefer to have the GTN 750 installed, or not?

And if yes, where does the install sequence fail?

Maybe some users here can work with you to get the gauge installed.. not to mention JeanLuc when he shows up..

Bert

Hello Bert 

Thanks for you reply, from what I've seen online the product looks great but all this technical install stuff is a bit beyond me I'm afraid, I got to stage where I found out I had to download the trainer separately as the link is broken, when I run xplane it shows up in the plugins menu but not in the planes, I have the carenardo citation and the dornier 228 which apparently have compatibility, as I said I have spent a lot of time reading the help but I just don't really understand it and I'm sure people would have the patients to deal with me 

It is unfortunate timing, in that Garmin has just updated their Trainer package, and RXP is still working on updating their gauge to support this new Trainer.  That is why you are getting this confusion.

I'll wait for JeanLuc to jump in and help..

Bert

Actually, today, RXP has released the new version:

Bert

17 hours ago, thepainter said:

when I run xplane it shows up in the plugins menu but not in the planes, I have the carenardo citation and the dornier 228 which apparently have compatibility,

Hi,

do you mean it shows up as a popup window but not in the 3D panel? If this is so, please reinstall the RealityXP.GTN.ini file from the aircraft installation archive (.zip if any).

If on the other hand the GTN doesn't show the popup window nor the 3D panel, you have to at least select the GTN device in the RXP menu to 'activate' it (like it is explained in the RXP GTN User's Manual).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)