Sign in to follow this  
MOD71

Fangzahn Freeware Zakynthos International Airport

Great little Greek airport by Fangzahn worth checking out at a very reasonable price.... FREE!

The link will take you to the article on Digital Flight Wire (a very good flightsim news source for those that don't know about it), as thats where I found it. Just follow the links on that page.

https://digitalflightwire.com/fangzahn-freeware-zakynthos-international-airport-released/

Cheers.

• Like 5

Murray Dreyer

I installed but it continues to crash upon airport initialization, I don't run Real World Greece nor Orbyx Global. I'll try a repair of LGZA with Anti Virus disabled.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

56 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

I installed but it continues to crash upon airport initialization, I don't run Real World Greece nor Orbyx Global. I'll try a repair of LGZA with Anti Virus disabled.

I didn't have any problems Jim. I do have Orbx Global installed however - not sure if it is required though. I didn't have AV disabled when I installed. The developed is contactable through the website if you run into further problems.

Murray Dreyer

Saw this yesterday and downloaded immediately, but have not installed or tested yet. To busy enjoying FB Quito.

I will check it out today. I'm always looking for Greek add-on airports, especially quality freeware.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Very nice airport, almost payware quality. Always good to fly in beautiful Greece.

Thanks to Fangzhan Aviation Studios, certainly not an easy first name 🙄

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Nice, but I'm not able to get the colors to blend with orbx OpenLC EU.

u3N7BRT.jpg

If anyone can, please let me know.

Jose

Just downloaded and installed. Unfortunately my ACFT seems to collide with something. I was just on final for RW34 when I hit something.

I then wanted to load my ACFT at the airport and my ACFT always collides with something just after initialisation.....

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Looks excellent along with ORBX global textures and ORBX's new Buildings.

Great piece of freeware with payware quality. Thank you very much for bringing it to our attention.

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer :smile:

Stephen

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Just downloaded and installed. Unfortunately my ACFT seems to collide with something. I was just on final for RW34 when I hit something.

I then wanted to load my ACFT at the airport and my ACFT always collides with something just after initialisation.....

You have collision detection activated? I wouldn't do so, many sceneries have bugs in it which let you collide. As it is VERY rudimentary i suggest to deactivate it.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I haven't installed this yet.  Does it have a facility to set the time of year?  At some payware airports different textures are used to match the seasons although you can't expect miracles for free! 

ngxu_banner.png

9 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

You have collision detection activated? I wouldn't do so, many sceneries have bugs in it which let you collide. As it is VERY rudimentary i suggest to deactivate it.

Yes I have thinking that the simulation gets a touch of difficulty and "realism". I only turn it off when flying online....

I don't own many 3rd party sceneries but those I have (~10), don't have such issues.

Nevertheless, this freeware scenery looks superb. I love those cracks and how the runway edge blends in the grass field. It creates a real 3D effect....would love to have the knowledge to build sceneries like that.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Awesome freeware ! Worth the look just for the installer 😉 Fully automatized, Add-On.Xml...

1563205282-2019-7-15-17-39-33-958.jpg

1563205352-2019-7-15-17-38-49-189.jpg
Shore line is great

1563205378-2019-7-15-17-38-15-309.jpg
Author is making fun with the terminal interior 

1563205406-2019-7-15-17-37-26-403.jpg
... and the baggage claim

1563205575-2019-7-15-17-36-30-479.jpg
Is the author electrician ? The detail on the electric pole is awesome... but is that really useful ? 😉

1563205464-2019-7-15-17-35-49-93.jpg
Static and AI aircraft

1563205479-2019-7-15-17-35-4-556.jpg
3D modeling on ground

1563205503-2019-7-15-17-34-28-273.jpg
Ground markings

Thank you to Fangzahn Aviation Studios !

• Like 5

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

Thank you to Fangzahn Aviation Studios !

Nice pics. The airport blends much better in your pics than they do in mine. Are you using FTXG or photo?