Sign in to follow this  
John_Clarke

Packs off for TO

Hi,

Seem to be having some issue with packs off for takeoff. Selected in the departure briefing as Packs: Off, when lining up, I put the nose light to TO and the PM does his flow but never turns the packs off? 

I have tried several flights and this happens on each of them.

Thanks

Hi John,

Do you have this option set to Yes or No?

PACKS OFF B.TO CHECKLIST

If no, did you select Packs off on the Departure Brief page?

If Yes for that option I first mentioned, the PM will set the packs off when you say "off" for the Packs challenge in the Before Takeoff checklist below the line.

Hi,

Ahhhhh thanks. Yes I have that option selected to Yes in the 'Packs off b.to checklist'. Is it better to have it as no and keep the packs on or off on the departure brief?

When would the PM set packs off if this was the case?

Thanks

John

9 minutes ago, John_Clarke said:

Hi,

Ahhhhh thanks. Yes I have that option selected to Yes in the 'Packs off b.to checklist'. Is it better to have it as no and keep the packs on or off on the departure brief?

When would the PM set packs off if this was the case?

Thanks

John

Hi John,

Correct... set that option to "No" if you want the PM to turn off the packs during the Before Takeoff flow.

Cheers,

Thanks for that.

Just another little thing I've found - each time I run the PF, it changes 2 of my callouts in config - runway in sight and PA: Cabin crew prepare at 20k. I select these to yes, run PF and they change back to no?

5 hours ago, byork said:

Good catch, that seems to be a bug 🙂

I'll fix it.

sorry for hijacking the thread but would be great if you could also ensure that DEP and APP values are being reset/deleted between flights (or allow this as an option). I still had V1,VR,V2 and some other values from yesterdays flight, a bit confusing as one might forget to replace with current values (empty fields act as a reminder that values still need to be set)

Hi Bryan - I am also unable to get the PM to turn the packs off.  I have Packs Off Before TO Checklist set to 'OFF' and also have Packs OFF in departure page.  During the line up flow he does say 'packs off' but does not actually turn them off.  Thanks for any help!

Eric

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Hi Bryan - I am also unable to get the PM to turn the packs off.  I have Packs Off Before TO Checklist set to 'OFF' and also have Packs OFF in departure page.  During the line up flow he does say 'packs off' but does not actually turn them off.  Thanks for any help!

Eric

Hi Eric,

Are you using the latest version of P3D V4?  That could be your issue, as the flat square buttons are controlled by mouse ID's.

The mouse ID's will change with each version of P3D v4.

So if you're using an older version of P3D V4, your ID's wont match the default ones.  You'll need to change them.

Go to the mouse macro page on the FS2Crew Secondary Panel.

Find the line for Packs.

"Right click" the Line Select Key associated with the pack.

See if the pack switch moves.

10 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Eric,

Are you using the latest version of P3D V4?  That could be your issue, as the flat square buttons are controlled by mouse ID's.

The mouse ID's will change with each version of P3D v4.

So if you're using an older version of P3D V4, your ID's wont match the default ones.  You'll need to change them.

Go to the mouse macro page on the FS2Crew Secondary Panel.

Find the line for Packs.

"Right click" the Line Select Key associated with the pack.

See if the pack switch moves.

Hi - I am in fact using the latest 4.5 w/hf.  I tested the mouse macro and the packs do turn off/on when I right click them.  I have been turning the packs off myself as PF since the PM function won't work but what is strange is that the PM does turn them off on climbout which would confirm the mouse macros are working in that case.  

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

29 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Hi - I am in fact using the latest 4.5 w/hf.  I tested the mouse macro and the packs do turn off/on when I right click them.  I have been turning the packs off myself as PF since the PM function won't work but what is strange is that the PM does turn them off on climbout which would confirm the mouse macros are working in that case.  

Are you positive you're triggering the Before Takeoff Flow?

If so, you'll hear: "Cabin Crew Be Seated for Takeoff".

And make your Config  options look like this... this will make the packs come off during the PM's Before Takeoff flow.:

PACKS: OFF

PACKS OFF B. TO CHECKLIST: NO

6 minutes ago, byork said:

Are you positive you're triggering the Before Takeoff Flow?

If so, you'll hear: "Cabin Crew Be Seated for Takeoff".

And make your Config  options look like this... this will make the packs come off during the PM's Before Takeoff flow.:

PACKS: OFF

PACKS OFF B. TO CHECKLIST: NO

The PM is in fact doing his flow after I switch on the nose t/o light at lineup He even says "packs off" which is odd😕  My config is set up exactly as you show. Strange!!

Eric