Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

ATC

Ok, I just glanced through all the posts here and I haven't seen much discussion on this, so...I'm sure it would be simple to...ohwaitIf it was simple it would be in the product. Anyway...I, knowing that I seem to be in the minority, actually kinda like the MSFS ATC today. Granted, I don't use much AI, if any (performance issues), and I fly mostly GA VFR and a little IFR.Is there any way to get ATC to work in multiplayer?I'm starting to run classes using FS, and my customers would love to be able to see each other and interact with ATC together.Also, how about a discussion about improving the ATC interface, like perhaps adding mouse selection. With that big yoke in front of me, using the keyboard is a pain. What is the status of voice recognition in the market today (i.e. how good is it, how much it costs, where is it going, etc.)? I know about VOXATC (but don't have it) and know its not likely for FSX, but talking about it would be cool in terms of its future.Thanks,Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest tdragger

>I'm starting to run classes using FS, What sorts of classes? You might want to re-read the FS license agreement as it expressly prohibits using FS for training purposes. If your classes are aimed at flight training you might be treading on thin ice. Just a heads-up.

Guest christian

What if one would want to use it for commercial flight training?Christian

No, it is not for "flight training". I am not associated with a flight school. I do provide information that can direct them to flight schools, and I am suggesting that the youngsters attend local Young Eagles rallys, but I am not selling this as directly training them for flying. It IS meant to introduce them to the art of flying. It is designed as an educational program, aimed more at schools for enrichment programs and community outreach programs, and for adults who want to understand more about flying through flight simulation. I do go over subjects related to flying (obviously), but I am not a CFI and I am making no claims that this is related to flight training in any way other than for educational purposes. It is just starting up and is currently a community program done through the local recreation department, and I have started a discussion with the local school district to do some programs for them and they are interested.I have contacted Microsoft through the web page to ask about the legal questions, however, since I imagine this could be considered a commercial use of the program and that is prohibited by the EULA. I can only imagine that there must be some way of getting a license to use it commercially like this, and can only hope it is not cost prohibitive as it seems like the idea could be quite popular with the schools and the kids in the area, and I've had quite a bit of interest from adults as well. And, based on the comments I have been getting from potential customers, will generate sales of FS and addons as well.Thanks for asking,Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest tdragger

Cool. I've provided a contact in the private email reply. I just don't want to see anyone get bit for EULA violations unnecessarily.

>>I'm starting to run classes using FS, >>What sorts of classes? You might want to re-read the FS>license agreement as it expressly prohibits using FS for>training purposes. If your classes are aimed at flight>training you might be treading on thin ice. Just a heads-up.What he's doing (or will be doing) is very similar to what they are doing at the Seattle Museum of Flight... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest tdragger

Yeah, I went to his web site and glanced at it but I'm not a lawyer and so won't comment on whether it looks kosher or not. Our lawyers are very sensitive to anything involving teaching people to fly but aviation education programs are for the most part okay. Again, though, I think it's always better to get clarification when you can.

Thank you for pointing this stuff out to me, and I am following up on it. However, back to the orginal subject, any thoughts on being able to use ATC in multiplayer?I'm thinking the difficulty may be synchronizing AI among all the computers. Perhaps if AI were turned off ATC could be turned on?What other issues are there?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg