Sign in to follow this  
Brianl

HP Reverb using P3D, Do I Need Steam and How Do I Make it Work?

I had it working some time ago, but after a hiatus it doesn't work anymore (or I don't remember correctly how to do the startup 🙂.

I have switched to VR in P3D and the P3D VR view is shown on my monitor. But the headset still displays the Windows Mixed Reality 'villa'. The Desktop 'wall' is blue and blue only, when I click on it the text 'Loading' appears, and it is runing forever. IIRC last time I didn't have to do anything special at this stage, P3D showed up automatically in the headset. 

Thanks for any help!

Edited by dilore

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

15 hours ago, dilore said:

I had it working some time ago, but after a hiatus it doesn't work anymore (or I don't remember correctly how to do the startup 🙂.

I have switched to VR in P3D and the P3D VR view is shown on my monitor. But the headset still displays the Windows Mixed Reality 'villa'. The Desktop 'wall' is blue and blue only, when I click on it the text 'Loading' appears, and it is runing forever. IIRC last time I didn't have to do anything special at this stage, P3D showed up automatically in the headset. 

Thanks for any help!

I can help you with that. If you google P3D VR settings it will take you straight to LM’s Prepar3d VR settings page and you can scroll down and it shows you the instructions on how to make a very minor alteration to the .cfg file such that it launches SteamVR upon activating a scenario. 

It’s not clear to me that this is the only way to get it going but it’s certainly clear that this worked for me. Prior to that, I would select enable VR and it would attempt to launch SteamVR but it would invariably crash. 

Hope that helps. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2021 at 11:03 AM, aidanlegras said:

make a very minor alteration to the .cfg file such that it launches SteamVR upon activating a scenario. 

That did the trick. 

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2