Sign in to follow this  
Guest tdragger

Visibility change layer has been fixed????

Look at the wing view shot! Is it my imagination or they've fixed the inversion layer/visibility issue? It seems that reduced visibility layer is NOW looking like cloud layer as it should in the distance!!! It seems that now the ground (ocean) is now abscured by the haze!!!!! (well not immediately looking down, which it shouldn't but in the distance)!Oh Man that is my most desired change I was looking for!!!Also look..much darker sky above for people who complained a lot!

That's good but that is not the end of problems with visibility in FS9. I hope they also fix sudden visibility transitions (when you suddenly "pop to clear") around 10,000 ft. There was a very long thread on this subject.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest kurtj

I do see a major change there. This looks awesome. The sky does get much darker. What was the altitude with the wing shot? With the visibility I do hope visibility would be created much like clouds or have a graduated visibility. Also with 10mi haze lets not have the grey haze if it isn't overcast. It looks great with overcast conditions though.

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>Look at the wing view shot! Is it my imagination or they've>fixed the inversion layer/visibility issue? It seems that>reduced visibility layer is NOW looking like cloud layer as it>should in the distance!!! It seems that now the ground>(ocean) is now abscured by the haze!!!!! (well not>immediately looking down, which it shouldn't but in the>distance)!>>Oh Man that is my most desired change I was looking for!!!>>Also look..much darker sky above for people who complained a>lot! The visibilty seen in the shots released is only slightly different than what shipped in FS 9. The visibilty layer is just pulled up to where the aircraft is.Cheers,Jason

Guest tdragger

Thanks for the explanation. I kept thinking to myself, "I don't remember any changes to this." But then again, I could always write it off to my two-martini breakfasts. ;)