Sign in to follow this  
capceo

Lear 35 Gear Wind Noise

Hey everyone. Want to get some input from you Lear owners in regards to a potential component of the next update.

I'm looking at integrating accurate gear wind sound (recorded by me while flying the airplane IRL) just like we did on the falcon. The sound change on the flight deck when the gear is down is pretty dramatic, and I wanted to see if it was something you all wanted to see come to the Lear.

If there's one downside to this, its this: with our current sound engine, you will hear the gear wind sound if you happen to pause the simulator with the landing gear extended. Otherwise, you won't notice any changes other than the sound itself. 

What are your thoughts? Do you want it or not?

• Like 1

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Sounds good to me. Any chance of puttng up a sound file to play? Id like to hear it

Rick

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

18 hours ago, capceo said:

Hey everyone. Want to get some input from you Lear owners in regards to a potential component of the next update.

I'm looking at integrating accurate gear wind sound (recorded by me while flying the airplane IRL) just like we did on the falcon. The sound change on the flight deck when the gear is down is pretty dramatic, and I wanted to see if it was something you all wanted to see come to the Lear.

If there's one downside to this, its this: with our current sound engine, you will hear the gear wind sound if you happen to pause the simulator with the landing gear extended. Otherwise, you won't notice any changes other than the sound itself. 

What are your thoughts? Do you want it or not?

And the gear wind sounds of the Falcon are superb!

+100 for Lear 35 gear wind sounds...I have a handy mute button on my keyboard I can use if I pause with the gear down.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Anything that improve the product and makes it even more realistic is a very welcome adition! Go for it! Love the policy of this company! Always moving foward!

I too would enjoy this proposed sound addition. Hope you will make it part of the updated Lear.

Thanks for your willingness to do this and for the work you did on the Falcon as well. 

Integrating accurate gear wind sound in the flight deck would be another awesome addition, does the Lear have any tire noise like the Falcon on takeoff?

Also, will this new updated Lear model be able to run along side the current Lear, or would that involve having to change the names of every file? Would like to keep the "Old" Lear and some custom livery's which I suspect won't work with the new model? I'm also still running P3D 2.4 so I have a concern about OOM, won't be updating my PC and flight sim for another 4 or 5 months? 

Cheers

Martin

Anything that makes it more realistic should be included 😄

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Sounds like you might want to fix the sound engine.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)