Sign in to follow this  
Guest scottpe

FSX New Screenshots

Guest scottpe

Well I understand that the folks making the shots may not have top-of-the-line cards, but for screen shots what does it matter how bad the frame-rate is?The existing screenshots do look great. But my point is they could look even better. 4x+ AA can make a huge difference in the quality of a scene (especially with the new transparency AA that the newer cards support).Just an observation that hopefully will be well received by those feeding our insatiable hunger for screenshots. ;-)Don't get me wrong though - I will gladly take whatever bones they throw us. But if you never ask....

Guest Bell206freak

Quote:+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<>If it's Seattle then it will only be animated from 10am to 3pmand 7pm to 6am. As real as it gets. :(+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++LOL.. While we're talking about that.. Did you guys have a chance to model in that famous backup that occurs at both ends of the Narrows Bridge at rush hour? LOL!

Guest Bell206freak

Quote:++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Hey do you guys know what a roundabout is in the US?We've got loads of em here in the UK.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Yup. They're springing up like Herpes in Lacey, which is the neighboring suburb north of Olympia, WA. They're also common in some parts of Seattle, too.

Guest GA Flyer

TDragger,Hello. Questions about the car traffic and birds. Its been reported that both of them move which can't be seen in the screenshots so was wondering if you can comment on sound (which also cant be heard in the screenshots) and if the user can hear anything with the traffic or birds?Jack

Perhaps you could specify how you are thinking it might work. I can't remember the last time I could hear myself think over the roar of the engine, much less any outside noises.'Course I s'pose there is the glider. Come to think about it, how about adding some ultralights to the stable? Ooh, like that parachute with the engine strapped to your back? Hang Gliders?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>Well I understand that the folks making the shots may not>have top-of-the-line cards, but for screen shots what does it>matter how bad the frame-rate is?>>The existing screenshots do look great. But my point is they>could look even better. 4x+ AA can make a huge difference in>the quality of a scene (especially with the new transparency>AA that the newer cards support).>>Just an observation that hopefully will be well received by>those feeding our insatiable hunger for screenshots. ;-)>>Don't get me wrong though - I will gladly take whatever bones>they throw us. But if you never ask....Actually, only a portion of the shots lack anti aliasing. There have been some issues here and there where AA gets broken-- and sometimes that's hard to catch when you shoot screens. I refuse to let nice screens go to the recycle bin to die, so you will see a few jaggies here and there... :)Cheers,J

Guest defpotec

>Traffic Circles? Had 'em forever here in New England as>well. But they are disappearing slowly.Yes, as pointed out, they are known as traffic circles here in New Hampshire. Oddly enough, if I travel 10 minutes into Massachusetts, they call them Rotaries! They seem to work well where there is not extremely heavy traffic, otherwise a traffic light or an overpass seems to be the standard replacement around here.

Guest scottpe

You're right. I did go back through some of the previous screens and some do in fact appear to be utilizing AA.And we'll take your screenshot refuse any day!... ;-)Thanks again to you guys for your involvement with the FS community. It is very much appreciated!

Guest GA Flyer

Not trying to figure out how it will or could work. Just wandering if there are any sounds associated with these new features. No one knew if the cars on the highway moved from just screenshots until it was reported by ACES that they did. So with speak of an immersive environment and 5.1 sound why not ask?I do know Georender offers sound features of outside noises and they do add to the flight prior to start-up and after shut down.Jack

>>Hey do you guys know what a roundabout is in the US?>Ha. Oh yes. Do we ever have roundabouts in the US. They are the downfall of all traffic planning, too. I would dig up every one here.But, the city fathers put them in because they are "progressive" and "enlightened" in their city planning.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I bet the type of auto traffic will either be tied to the type of scenery object it's on (freeway, or road) or it runs pre-programmed routes and then disappears, with new cars reappearing on the opposite end of the programmed "track". I'm sure some people will be disappointed in that, but for heavens sake, this is a flight sim, not an urban traffic sim. I think it will more than suffice for this version of the sim at least.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest tdragger

I grew up in Maine, where they were also rotaries, if I recall correctly.

>I am VERY happy with the horizon and visibility layer effect>under the wing view pic!Well... in the shots released it's not much different than what's in FS9---- I just took the visibility layer up to where the aircraft was...Cheers,Jason

>Wow, that Seattle-pic is awesome! The autogen is really nice!>Just look how it alligns with the roads like it should! :) And>indeed, there are cars down there! Man, this is getting better>and better...! I really, really hope they move too!>>And all this (as I understood) without DirectX10 yet...?Correct. No DX 10 yet.