Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

!! JULY DEALS!! PC Aviator

4 hours ago, scianoir said:

Hi Phillip,

The Flysimware Lear is arguably one of the bets bizjet products available today. I have it and I haven’t noticed any great issues with the VC textures, but I understand that these are currently undergoing an upgrade to further improve their quality. This is an excellent aircraft all around with really good systems replication. Worth the full price but great value at the sale price!

Bill

I meant that the Lionheart Creations Lear 24 has the issues with the VC in my sim NOT the Flysimware model which will be in my hangar very soon!  

Thinking about getting the Flysimware Falcon 50 or their Lear rendition, which do you guys recommend

2 hours ago, addman said:

Thinking about getting the Flysimware Falcon 50 or their Lear rendition, which do you guys recommend

They are both brilliant and you won’t go wrong with either. If I had to choose one I would probably go for the Lear, but I may be a little biased here as it is one of my favourite aircraft and has been my ‘go to’ bizjet  since it was released a few years ago. Neither will disappoint however!

Bill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, addman said:

Hi,

Depends on what you prefer - the Falcon can cross oceans - the Lear - not so much... They're both excellent renditions... I'm solidly with team Lear - the Lear's roots are that of a fighter aircraft and with those tip tanks it certainly looks the part... The man who designed the Lear also invented the 8 Track Tape Player (for those of us old enough to remember) - just so his customers could have music while flying - how cool is that ? The one thing I don't care for in the Falcon - is that you have to look down at the center console to see the AP settings which I'm sure is prototypical for the era modeled - I much prefer to have the AP indicators in my field of view at all times and the Lear AP is mounted high on the glare shield to accommodate this... I've been MIA for a bit and haven't tried the latest updates to the Falcon - but when it came out - the sounds were not as good as the Lear and were made in house - the Lear used TSS sounds - which most know are the absolute best in the industry...

I also painted the Falcon so you can see they're both nice looking models (my paint doesn't have the new PBR texture updates yet)... Dealers choice - I don't think you could go wrong with either...

NOTE ON BOTH: You have to read the manual for key assignments - both aircraft have unique assignments (G1000 Keys) that need to be setup for custom functions to work - if you read this first it might save you some initial frustration...

32330419038_356c58b910_h.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

15 hours ago, Phillip Gallagher said:

Just picked up the Lear!  you guys weren't kidding.  It is a must-have and one of the absolute very best of all add-ons, hands-down!

Hi Phillip,

I'm very happy you like it... I'd feel terrible if I recommended something and it wasn't liked...

I hope you're following along on the FSW forums - the update release seems imminent - it's pretty comprehensive - in addition to the textures - there are model and sound updates as well...

In the same forum is a sticky with a bunch of RW documentation - checklists - and the full "Approved Flight Manual" (AFM)...

There are plenty of paints in the lib - I believe Mitch and I were the most prolific but there are others as well....

Enjoy...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

I picked up the Lear as well... then I learned the hard way that it can't be installed for P3Dv4 using the add-on xml method :sad:.  Wish more developers would allow for that type of install... it is literally one and done, and makes managing the sim and add-ons much easier.  Tonight I will clean my system of the previous install effort and put the airplane in the sim.  For this low and slow guy flying a Lear will be something... well, something! :biggrin:  I'll study some before giving it a go, and already know where I'll make my first flight (KMWH and its 13.5K long runway).  My goal is a simple one... don't turn myself into a virtual lawn dart! :laugh:  It's already a nice airplane, and like others I'm anxiously awaiting the update.

Greg

29 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Greg

Hi Greg,

Welcome aboard...

Yeah - I was a low and slow guy as well - twin turbos were as fast as I would go - most of my time was in SEL’s... This bird is the first BizJet to capture my imagination and hold it - for three years now...

If you have buttons available - be sure to check the manual for key assignments - you need all the help you can get with a bird that can leap off the pavement at 6000 FPM... Plan ahead - setup the autopilot before advancing the thrust - you won’t have time later... The hardest phase of flight is the takeoff as everything comes screaming at you at light speed - and you’re missing the second set of hands this bird really requires for flight... I use a $10.00 voice control program called Voice Attack that helps immensely - I just command my “virtual copilot” to set the AP and he presses all the buttons for me so I can focus on the climb - while my hands remain on the HOTAS...

Anyway - I hope you enjoy it...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, scottb613 said:

. I use a $10.00 voice control program called Voice Attack that helps immensely - I just command my “virtual copilot” to set the AP and he presses all the buttons for me so I can focus on the climb

Hi Scott,

That’s not a program I’m familiar with but it sounds very useful. Presumably it can be configured to work with different aircraft? Can I ask if it is easy to set up?

Regards,

Bill

Link to these sales please, I see nothing at

PC Aviator

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Hi Scott,

That’s not a program I’m familiar with but it sounds very useful. Presumably it can be configured to work with different aircraft? Can I ask if it is easy to set up?

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

LOL - here I go opening my big mouth once again - Voice Attack is probably the best $10.00 I’ve ever spent on a utility - like FSW - the product has been around for years - the developer is extremely customer centric - and he’s even implemented some features I’ve requested over the years...

Before settling on Voice Attack I did try two other programs like Glove Pi and something else I can’t think of at the moment... For my needs Voice Attack surpassed them all - the interface is intuitive, powerful, and easy to setup...

Voice Attack was originally designed for one of the space sims - that I know nothing about - but it can be used with anything... I dabble in DCS and once in a while I get the urge to run around the jungles of Nam with my trusty M14 in ArmA 3 and it serves me well... Voice Attack works with anything - I also 3D model in another sim and use it to control my modeling software... All you need is a decent headset and mic to get the most out of it...

So - in its most basic form - you type a phrase and associate a key press to it - that simple... If you train your voice with MS Speech - it seldom makes a mistake... On top of that - you can run extremely complex keystroke macros - you can use your joystick to trigger any defined functions - it can turn the cheapest of joysticks into a programmable one - it has its own powerful scripting language - it can use MS Speech to verbally acknowledge any command - it can run mouse macros - and as per my request it has a challenge response system - so it can read a checklist item - wait for your verbal acknowledgement before proceeding to the next item... I love it and as you may imagine - it can make 2 Pilot certified aircraft much easier to manage... 

It’s easy to setup for any aircraft and I use it to verbally control Radar Contact - never having to press a keystroke to manipulate RC4 is priceless... It greatly increases the immersion for me...

The only thing it doesn’t do - is have a direct hook into P3D - so you can’t get any state back from the sim - it’s merely pressing the buttons for you...

Anyway - if interested or need help with it - take a gander... I’ll gladly share my profile with anyone for a place to start with the Lear...

https://voiceattack.com/

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

The only thing it doesn’t do - is have a direct hook into P3D - so you can’t get any state back from the sim - it’s merely pressing the buttons for you...

Anyway - if interested or need help with it - take a gander... I’ll gladly share my profile with anyone for a place to start with the Lear...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Interesting app!!  Probably isn't so important that it doesn't hook into P3D... as you say all that's needed is something that can be programmed to press buttons.  Are the profiles written in simple txt format?  If so I'd be interested in looking at yours for the Lear.

Thanks,

Greg

42 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Hi Scott,

Interesting app!!  Probably isn't so important that it doesn't hook into P3D... as you say all that's needed is something that can be programmed to press buttons.  Are the profiles written in simple txt format?  If so I'd be interested in looking at yours for the Lear.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg,

Text no -  HTML yes - I’ll send it to you when I get in tonight...

The export to transfer data between users is compiled - so I’ll send both...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Bill,

LOL - here I go opening my big mouth once again - Voice Attack is probably the best $10.00 I’ve ever spent on a utility - like FSW - the product has been around for years - the developer is extremely customer centric - and he’s even implemented some features I’ve requested over the years...

Before settling on Voice Attack I did try two other programs like Glove Pi and something else I can’t think of at the moment... For my needs Voice Attack surpassed them all - the interface is intuitive, powerful, and easy to setup...

Voice Attack was originally designed for one of the space sims - that I know nothing about - but it can be used with anything... I dabble in DCS and once in a while I get the urge to run around the jungles of Nam with my trusty M14 in ArmA 3 and it serves me well... Voice Attack works with anything - I also 3D model in another sim and use it to control my modeling software... All you need is a decent headset and mic to get the most out of it...

So - in its most basic form - you type a phrase and associate a key press to it - that simple... If you train your voice with MS Speech - it seldom makes a mistake... On top of that - you can run extremely complex keystroke macros - you can use your joystick to trigger any defined functions - it can turn the cheapest of joysticks into a programmable one - it has its own powerful scripting language - it can use MS Speech to verbally acknowledge any command - it can run mouse macros - and as per my request it has a challenge response system - so it can read a checklist item - wait for your verbal acknowledgement before proceeding to the next item... I love it and as you may imagine - it can make 2 Pilot certified aircraft much easier to manage... 

It’s easy to setup for any aircraft and I use it to verbally control Radar Contact - never having to press a keystroke to manipulate RC4 is priceless... It greatly increases the immersion for me...

Regards,

Scott

I’m going to take a look at this,  I have MCE but NEVER use it...as soon as I have to repeat a simple command 3x I’m done.  MCE drives me nuts with the copilot never on the same page same and always misunderstanding my commands.

14 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Thanks Scott - will have a look at that and might take you up on your kind offer! 

I have FS2Crew for a couple of aircraft but, as you know, this isn’t available for the Lear and, in any case, it would be good to have a program to could be adapted to different aircraft if necessary.

Regards,

Bill