Sign in to follow this  
Guest myskja

Better visual crash damage...

Ok guys,So because some people planted B767 into the WTC, I am not allowed to compare my skills with those of Captain Hayes... and I am not able to try to land more or less safely a DC-10 with complete hydraulic failure in my own home!Woaaah!!I say I am not able because if I try I will have a nice red line saying 'Crash' and two sconds after a nice bar stating 'Reloading'... instead of having a DC-10 that slides on the runway...I understand there are more important stuff to deal about in FS, but flaming the thread starter like you did simply because you have different ideas is awful.Regards,Cedric

Ok Cedrik,If you cannot accept 9/11 and other disasters as a good reson not to "improve" crash effects than you have to accept the following as a reason:The vast majority of simmers is simply not interested in such effects. So good on the developers of FSX, that they do not waste time and energy on such useless features.Wolfgang

Actually judging by the various responses in this thread there are those of us who are very interested in seeing moderate damage (gear collapse on hard landing, etc)... No one wants to see blood and gore but the ability to see failures could be much improved. You should be able to land without landing gear due to a failure of some sort. You shouldn't have to turn 'Crash Detection' off for this either. If you land too hard on the water there should be a visual consequence for that as well. There's a middle ground to be reached on this issue that would satisfy all parties...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Who is the vast majority of Flight Simmers?Do you know them? Do you know what they think? Have you asked them?Do you believe you represent them?Hehe...I fully understand your point of view and I share it somewhat. There are some more important features to focus on. But claiming to represent the vast majority of simmers just triggers my mind...And yes, I still would like to see some landings with collapsed landing gears (Virgin A340 - No casualties), with some rotated nose wheel (JetBlue A320 - No casualties) etc..Cedric

Guest myskja

>The vast majority of simmers is simply not interested in such>effects. So good on the developers of FSX, that they do not>waste time and energy on such useless features.>>Wolfgang No offense but maybe you should just speak for yourself... Or to make an assumption myself; I think the "vast majority of simmers" would think features which helps them immerse themselves into something is a good thing. Yeah, maybe some people would enjoy the crashing, but so what, I don't think these people are that interested in flight sims in the first place. More complex visual damage could even lead to people trying harder NOT to crash. I know I would. I mean, just like real life, knowing the reaction to one's actions is a playing factor on how one act in the first place. I don't want visual gore. I'm neither sensitive nor a sadist, I just want factors which may help immersion. And there is nothing wrong with that.