Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

Can P2ATC auto generate a Flight Plan?

Hello Folks;

I am trying to get a definitive answer if P2ATC can auto generate a full flight plan like a stand alone flight planner FsCommander, Sim Brief) does? Maybe not as exact but close enough  to enjoy the sim. I read the manual and I have seen comments on forums but they seem to contradict each other. Maybe "full flight plan and 'flight plan" makes the difference.

1. The manual stated that a flight plan can be generated by entering the Departing and a Destination Airports then a basic route will be created,  point A to Z straight line route. (which to me this is not a "complete / full plan"
  2. The user will then have to manually enter the Airways Hi or LO either my typing in his or her's own or by selection from a drop down option to complete a plan.

Did I understand the process correctly.or is there an option that would generate a full plan with waypoints based on a Jet Airways (High Altitude) or Low altitude flight selection?

I use FSCommander as a flight planner which can be exported to the application. But sometimes it's easy to just have the ATC/planning app generate the plan internally and not have to deal with an imported Flt Plan and issues associated with importing Plans. I have seen situations where ATC got confused because of flight plan information (database) being out of sync with the ATC application 

I know it's a long winded details for a simple question but I just wanted to make sure I worded it correctly to get the appropriate answer.

Thanks very much .

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

The User's Guide is correct.  No Airways or En-route plan is created.

If the airports are relatively close, there may be no need for airways and a direct route might be appropriate.  Also, with nearby airports, just adding SIDs and STARs gives a good route to fly and this can be done by P2A using the AutoPlan button.

For longer flights, you use tools like SimBrief and then import the result into P2A.  Once the route is imported, you add the procedures either using AutoPlan or doing it manually.

Dave

Hello Dave;

Thanks for the confirmation and clarification, I appreciate it. Since I mostly do long haul flight with the heavies (PMDG / iFly 747-4 and -8) I will use a route planning tool and then import as you stated. I am currently using an add-on ATC/Planner app (i never mention another app name on another forum) and I am not very happy with it due to basic "fundamental" issues. Looking to try something else.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Forshaw.

You cant really beat free, Simbrief.com will meet pretty much all your requirements regards flight planning.

Cheers, Andy.

1 hour ago, Andydigital said:

You cant really beat free, Simbrief.com will meet pretty much all your requirements regards flight planning.

Absolutely. However, I do have FSCommander, the export option allows you to strip the airports and or SID's and STARS so it's not included in the actual Flt plan export. A lot of individuals forget to omit that information when they either copy and paste or export from some planners.

Cheers.

Forshaw 

Simbrief does exactly the same thing when you export to aircraft. If you give it a go I doubt you will bother with FSCommander, I stopped using that about 6 years or more ago when I moved over to Aivlasofts EFB and more recently EFB 2 and imported real world plans from Simbrief. 

Cheers, Andy.

19 hours ago, Andydigital said:

Simbrief does exactly the same thing when you export to aircraft. If you give it a go I doubt you will bother with FSCommander, I stopped using that about 6 years or more ago when I moved over to Aivlasofts EFB and more recently EFB 2 and imported real world plans from Simbrief. 

Yeah, that's good to know the extent of it's capabilities. I used it sporadically years ago just for basic plans but will dive in a little more into the details.

Cheers.

Forshaw.