Sign in to follow this  
FlyData

Orbx KGPI GSX and Elevation Issues

Hello, I have KGPI from Orbx, but have the issue with the elevation being off around the runway and taxiway.  I read a thread some time back that said to turn off a bgl file in the scenery/0201 folder.  I did that and the texture improved, but the elevation issue remained.  I then when into the control panel in FTX Central for the KGPI scenery and selected KFCA as the ICAO and the elevation issue seemed to be fixed.  However, now GSX doesn't work as I get an error the GSX can't find file KGPI_ADEP4_GRJ.bgl.  Has any one figured out the settings to make this airport work correctly?  I feel as though there are two airports right on top of each other.  One is FCA and the other is GPI and it seems to be giving me fits.  Is there a way to turn off FCA all together in P3D, or is that the wrong answer?  Thanks.

--Don

Don Polidori

12 hours ago, FlyData said:

However, now GSX doesn't work as I get an error the GSX can't find file KGPI_ADEP4_GRJ.bgl. 

"Restart and Rebuild the airport cache" from the Couatl settings menu.

OK, I was able to get GSX to work, but it does not recognize the jetway.  When I customize the space to say there is a jetway, GSX tries to connect but says the SODE connection is lost.  I am doing this by using the KFCA ICAO in the control panel and using the original, 2006, file in scenery/0201/scenery/APX17140.bgl instead of the updates from fsaerodata.  Prepar3d has both KFCA and KGPI as airport choices, so I am using KFCA since I have that option checked in the Orbx control panel.  Any other thoughts?  Thanks.

Don Polidori

Hi Don,

I have had several issues with FCA/GPI since September. If you're am ORBX forum member maybe these will help:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/159363-kfca-display-issue/?tab=comments#comment-1403580

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/167299-glacier-park-issues/?tab=comments#comment-1471108

Edit: Sorry, didn't read your message close enough, these won't help with your GSX issue.

Gerald

Edited by gsand

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Hello gsand.  I saw your post and tried the changes suggested in the links.  I see that you said that wouldn't help with GSX, but I tried it before I saw that, lol!  Worth a try anyway.  The situation is unchanged.  If I select KFCA as the ICAO in the control panel for the KGPI airport, the textures and elevation is OK, but can't work the SODE jetways.  If I select the KGPI ICAO in the control panel, textures and elevation is screwed up and I still can't access the jetways.  I have tried restarting GSX and emptying the cache.  Anyone other thoughts?  

Don Polidori

Not off hand but what I will do is load up GPI tomorrow morning and see if mine work. That might at least tell you if it's a SODE issue.

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5