Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

RED CROSS, relief PHISHING

Guest Shalomar

It is not the policy of the Red Cross or any official relief organisation currently supporting the gulf coast to solicit donations via E-mail. Sadly, some are phishing for them...Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Most do, if you have contributed in the past. I usually contribute to the Red Cross via the internet, so I get solicitation e-mails from them. I have gotten from the R/C before, and verified that it's from them.

BobK

Indeed do verify as the scams are already starting.Just like last year scammers are trying to trick people into giving them money and personal information by posing as well known aid organisations like the red cross.

Plus, I have verified that the payments went to the Red Cross. The TV and radio stations give the website addresses where you can donate. Just do a little checking before you donate. :)

BobK

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!If you have dealt with an organisation, charity or corporate then further comunications with a chance to opt out are fine, not spam. I just meant the Red Cross doesn't send out "cold solicitations". Always good to verify though.Best Regards, Donny