Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

Database issues after updating..... (resolved)

New to product so unsure of update procedure. 

I purchased this about a week ago. After an install, uninstall, re-install I got rid of the black screen issue somehow. All was fine and my database was 1809. I noticed there were no charts outside of the US, so I found some instructions here in another post outlining a way to possibly get the databases from a older trainer, so I found it, and installed. All was fine after installing that older trainer, gtn was still up to date, and my data base was still 1809. I was unable to follow the procedure, so I gave up on charts outside the US.

Today I installed the updated trainer through the ecommerce re-install, and all seemed fine. When I load Xplane I get the update trainer, 6.62.0 but for some reason it's now loading the databases from Nov 2016, must be from the older trainer? So I figured, ok, I'll just un-install  that old trainer as I don't need it anymore, which I did, and now I don't have any databases load when I start Xplane.

I decided to try and re-install the databases from my original install a week ago, and the install stops saying I have the latest databases installed, and in Xplane the gtn shows "Database Not Found" under all sections.

How do I get the databases back after this trainer update?

Edited by Muskoka

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Same issue here since latest update. Also tried environment variables but it didn't work. Database not found everywhere and charts not available

Hi,

When installing the latest version 19 of the gtn 750 I have the following problem

3L3urpe.jpg

As you can see

nothing is available;

I have yet re installed the hole thing but same problem

What can I do?

banner_f33_2.pngGV9Ut3S.jpg

X-Plane 11 -My favorite aircraft F33A BONANZA XPLANE 11 REP , CAR PREMIER 1A

same issue here

3L3urpe.jpg

still posted in other post

banner_f33_2.pngGV9Ut3S.jpg

X-Plane 11 -My favorite aircraft F33A BONANZA XPLANE 11 REP , CAR PREMIER 1A

Same here, and waiting for a fix.

I can see the database in c:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\fc-tpc, and the Trainer is working fine, but I always get the "Database Not  Found" in every X-Plane aircrafts.

I am using:

X-Plane 11.34r1

RealityXP Garmin 750 for X-Plane 2.5.19.0

Garmin Aviation Trainers v2.5.00 (with the GTN Trainer v6.62)

RWDesigns DGC6-300 Twin Otter v2.02 (but any aircraft will do)

Since I was really excited and wanted to play with my new toy right now (since I just bought RXP GNT today !) I tried a couple of things.

And, I made this work by completely uninstalling (using Windows add/remove software) the Garmin Aviation Trainers v2.5, and following the installation precedure for v2.4 here 

Also, I guess the problem was related to the new (v2.5) way Garmin is naming is databases files, for instance, CHARTS is now named charts (notice the case).

Same problem here with missing databases.  Running the trainer shows the databases but in P3D all "currently installed databases" are showing as "Database Not Found"

Currently installed software are "SW Version 6.62.0 TRNG", "Reality XP 2.5.19"

Any fixes for this yet?

Mike

Thanks Pierre!

Worked for me, I had seen the thread earlier but all of the downloads seemed a bit daunting. Appreciate it! I will be sure to check this forum before installing another update.

While I can enjoy the RXP GNT a little, I expect the downgrade of the Garmin Trainer database from v2.5 to v2.4 to be a workaround and I am still waiting for a fix 😅

Because now I have no charts 😭 in Canada (in v2.4), where earlier today I am sure I saw them in v2.5.

So, I am still waiting for RXP GNT to be compatible with this (latest) version of Garmin Aviation Trainer Online install found here:

https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=12373

Thank you Jean-Luc for this product, and I hope I will be using it with its full potential soon 💪

Hello,

This morning I had a perfectly good running GTN 750 and after updating I am getting the display of Database not found as in the image of the OP.

The updater updated my Garmin Trainer database.  My Garmin Trainer works fine and accesses the database without issue.  The X-plane GTN 750 can not access the databases.

I did a complete un install of the trainer and re install without success.   If this is an issue with the new trainer why is the updater not fixed to handle this issue?

Please explain how to fix this.

Edited by Glasairmell

Updated to latest GTN 750 but missing charts. too confusing on your work around. Do I just uninstall RX gtn750 and install earlier version. Dont understand why updating has caused charts to not install.Never had issue updating in past.

:P Timothy Murphy