Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

P3D, Ivap and vPilot

Hi Mates,

As I understand IvAp and vPilot are rather 'old' software for IVAO and VATSIM, to the point that for Ivap, for example, one needs to create a fake FSX alias to make Ivap works in P3D.

Do you know why those software have not been updated and optimized for P3D?

Are there plans to do so in the future?

- TONY -

I used vpilot for VATSIM. Granted that was a year ago or so. 

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Ehh.. vpilot is fully updated and p3d compatible.

its not that old. I think I’m on vpilot v2 which auto registrers ai models. For models I use flai.

• Like 1

Thank you guys.

11 minutes ago, Sam said:

Ehh.. vpilot is fully updated and p3d compatible.

So maybe the documentation is not updated:

Note on Prepar3D (P3D) Compatibility:

vPilot was designed primarily to work with Microsoft Flight Simulator X. However, vPilot has also been used successfully with Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D v1.4 through v3.1, due to the fact that P3D supports the same SimConnect client library that comes with FSX. This means that in order to use vPilot with P3D, you'll need to have FSX SP2/Acceleration installed, or manually install the FSX version of the SimConnect library which comes with P3D.

I'm asking because I don't like tinkering, editing files...

- TONY -

Wierd, but nope.. no tinkering required as far as I remember. Launch set and forget.

maybe 10 minutes. Never really touched it since.. And I have used it for 5 years or so p3d v3 and forward. Before that fsx ofc

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

Today I registered VATSIM, installed vPilot and connected successfully in less than 10 min. vPilot is natively compatible with my p3Dv4 and I appreciate a lot the simplicity of the setup as well as the integrated audio/comms (no need to install TeamSpeak).

Thanks again to all.

• Upvote 1

- TONY -

I'm on Ivao. That works ok, but it is not setup in 10 mins. I read  they are working on a new 64bit environment. Problem is, i have been reading this for the last 3 years or so........ still waiting

So why Ivao ? I fly in Europe and they are just far better in that region.

Edited by willy647
  • Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof