When I click "Aircraft" in the top of the toolbar a little menu appears, when I choose and click on "New Aircraft Performance" (to create a new performance for a new aircraft) no screen appears to fill in. What to do?

13 hours ago, Freeflyer99 said:

When I click "Aircraft" in the top of the toolbar a little menu appears, when I choose and click on "New Aircraft Performance" (to create a new performance for a new aircraft) no screen appears to fill in. What to do?

This is like MS Word. When you click "New Document" there you get an empty document and have to fill that out yourself.

Same for the "new flight plan" function in LNM.

Now about editing: You can click in the main menu "Aircraft" -> "Edit Aircraft Performance" (Alt+Shift+E) to edit a new one. Or, even better choose "Collect Aircraft performance", do a flight and let LNM calculate and collect all aircraft parameters. See here in the manual: Aircraft Performance

Alex

• Like 1

It's not the same like in MS Word. In MS Word after clicking "New Document", an empty document appears on your screen (to fill out). When I click "New Aircraft Performance" I don't get a new empty document (which is supposed to appear on my screen, I presume) at all.

So, still no empty aircraft performance document visible to fill in a new performance for a new aircraft (apart from your editing tip).

Cees

I've made a new aircraft performance for the Cessna 172 and saved it. So next, above the Toolbar I click Aircraft /Open aircraft performance. A new screen appears in which I choose "Cessna 172.Inmperf", I click Open but nothing happens: no screen of the Cessna 172 Aircraft performance appears.

34 minutes ago, Freeflyer99 said:

I've made a new aircraft performance for the Cessna 172 and saved it. So next, above the Toolbar I click Aircraft /Open aircraft performance. A new screen appears in which I choose "Cessna 172.Inmperf", I click Open but nothing happens: no screen of the Cessna 172 Aircraft performance appears.

The values are displayed on the aircraft tab together with a fuel prediction/plan after loading. I'll change this to show and raise the aircraft ab after loading or creating a new perf file to make clear what was loaded or changed.

perf_report.jpg

Alex

I've found out that when opening an aircraft performance file to get it visible, the file being visible is only possible when you have loaded a flightplan. That is why - I suppose -  I did not succeed so far to get the loaded performance file of an aircraft visible (see my earlier mails). Do you recognize this? I suggest you do the same as I did (without loading a flight plan) then you will not see the content of a loaded performance file.

Another issue: I've tried to run "Collect Performance for Flight" with a Cessna 172 from the very beginning to the very end (typical flight). However the performance information, when collecting, is stuck in the climb segment. No further information after the climb segment appears. When I'm cruising that segment does not show, neither the descent and landing segment. The only thing I see is that in the climb segment the foot per minute descent rate digit decreases and that is all. After touchdown and engine shutoff LNM does not switch to the default fuel report mode. What could be the reason that the performance collecting process stops in the climb segment?

47 minutes ago, Freeflyer99 said:

I've found out that when opening an aircraft performance file to get it visible, the file being visible is only possible when you have loaded a flightplan. That is why - I suppose -  I did not succeed so far to get the loaded performance file of an aircraft visible (see my earlier mails). Do you recognize this? I suggest you do the same as I did (without loading a flight plan) then you will not see the content of a loaded performance file.

It shows only the header (aircraft type, etc. - if entered) because all other information is based on the flight plan. Open the edit dialog if you still want to look at the values. All shown on this performance report depends on the flight plan.

50 minutes ago, Freeflyer99 said:

What could be the reason that the performance collecting process stops in the climb segment?

Flight plan was missing and therefore no cruise altitude. This already changed some time ago here in my development version where you can collect performance without a plan. Also, performance collection will run permanently in the background and allows to merge values into a present plan in the next release.

There were quite a few changes in this performance stuff.

Alex

Okay, let's get this straight: flight plan was not missing, despite cruise altitude. I've made another flightplan in LNM, in my case (but is does not really matter) a VFR flight from EDDT (Tegel) to EDUF (Lonnewitz): 61 nm, DCT. A/C: a Cessna 172. I've activated Edit Aircraft Performance. After starting up and take-off, aircraft tab of flightplan window shows the climb segment (so far so good...).Then when the climb is finished and I continue at cruise altitude of 3000ft, no cruise performance info is collected or shown. So for clarity: I've loaded a flightplan in LNM and in the flightplanner of FSX, the flightplan is visible in the GPS of the A/C and is active, but as I've already said in my earlier mails: the performance information does only show the climb segment and that is all. It just does not work: why?

4 hours ago, Freeflyer99 said:

I've loaded a flightplan in LNM and in the flightplanner of FSX,

Does the flight plan that shows in LNM also list 3000 ft as the flight level?

Ernest Pergrem

Airernie, your question triggered the solution: when I opened the saved flightplan (EDDT-EDUF), the Flightplan Dock window shows under tab Plan 3.500 ft VFR. Till now I flew this trip at 3.000ft not realizing the 3.500ft showing in the flightplan (I did not set that altitude in the flightplan myself, it was just there believe it or not). Well just to make sure, I've made a new flightplan and now I set a choosen altitude of 2000ft in the Flightplan Dock Window tab Plan. Started the A/C, clicked Collect Performance for flight and took off. First the flightplan window shows the climb segment and when reaching 1.900 ft approaching the cruise altitude of 3000ft, the cruise segment appeared in the flight plan window (!) and then the descent segments (hurrah). 

The reason that the performance information stopped when I was in climb segment (in the 3.000ft-scenario) will be that when flying  I did not reach the 3.500ft altitude of the flightplan for cruise. I flew in fact only at 3.000 ft. So I think LNM is only triggered to go in the next segment (descent) when you first have flown your cruise altitude of 3500ft according to the flight plan.

Sometimes solutions are for the taking...thanks (and Alex) for your help.

STRANGE THINGS... in Littlenavmap fuel calculation in LITTLENAVMAP PROFILES

Hi mates.

I've made several flights with Airbus 319 by Toliss and I've collected the performance.

The final results: Everything seems to be fine. Littlenavmap calculates the fuel consume in a satisfactory way.

However I´ve made the flight from LEXJ to LEPA with FlighFactor A320 and Fslabs A320 and the results are very strange: The fuel consumed should be 3546 kg, but the results with Littlenavmap are surprisingly high.

(I have used a Cost Index of 45)

- Initial Block Fuel in depots: 5786 Kg

- Time from LEXJ to LEPA: 1:16 M
- Fuel remained in depots: 2240 KG
- And the results should be: 5786 Kg-2240 Kg= 3546 Kg burned fuel.

And Little Nav Map has collected profiles in which of them, the consumes are 8000 kg or 9000 Kg.

It's absolutely abnormal. The plane was loaded with 5786 Kg of Fuel.

Would do anybody cast me some light about this matter? I don't understand a word.

Thanks in advance.

DXnZbTH.jpeg

HOWEVEEEEERRRRRR! If we take a look at Littlenavmap Logbook, everything

seems to be OK: Fuel consumed: 3.140 kg, 3.912 l

QUESTION: Why the results shown in Logbook seems to be fine and the calculated profile differs from the logic burned fuel? Average fuel flow: 2.692 kg/h, 3.353 l/h vs 7194 kg/h.

All of these matter seems doesn't make any sense???

USERPOINT Logbook:
Type:
Logbook
Ident:
LEPA
Name:
Palma De Mallorca
Description:
Arrival at Airport Palma De Mallorca (LEPA) runway 24R
Simulator Date and Time: 05/09/2019 15:42 UTC, 17:42 UTC+02:00
Date and Time: ju. sep. 5 17:42:10 2019
From: Airport Santander (LEXJ) to Airport Palma De Mallorca (LEPA)
Cruising altitude: 30.000 ft

Aircraft:
Title: FlightFactor Airbus A320-214 CFM56-5B4 ultimate
Model: A320
Type: Airbus A320

Trip:
Time: 1 h 10 m
Flight Plan Distance: 488 nm
Flown Distance: 482 nm
Average Groundspeed: 413 kts
Average True Airspeed: 403 kts

• Fuel consumed: 3.140 kg, 3.912 l
  • Average fuel flow: 2.692 kg/h, 3.353 l/h

Tags:
Arrival
Elevation:
26 ft
Coordinates:
39° 33' 6.00" N 2° 44' 20.00" E

Example of the profile created under Airbus A320 by FlightFactor:

FlightFactor Airbus A320-214 CFM56-5B4 ultimate - A320

Invalid value for reserve fuel.

Flight Plan

Distance and Time:

485 nm, 1 h 12 m

Average Ground Speed:

377 kts

True Airspeed at Cruise:

462 kts

Mach at cruise:

Fuel Plan

Fuel Type:

Jetfuel

Trip Fuel:

8.641 kg, 10.763 l

Block Fuel:

8.847 kg, 11.019 l

Fuel at Destination:

0 kg, 0 l

Reserve Fuel:

0 kg, 0 l

Taxi Fuel:

206 kg, 256 l

Extra Fuel:

0 kg, 0 l

Contingency Fuel:

0 %, 0 kg, 0 l

Climb and Descent

Climb:

1.846 fpm at 383 kts, 2.7° Flight Path Angle

Time to Climb:

0 h 16 m

Descent:

878 fpm at 377 kts, -1.3° Flight Path Angle

Descent Rule of Thumb:

7.2 nm per 1.000 ft

The flight plan:

IB1909/IBE1909 FSL-CFM/A320-214 ROUTE: LEXJLEPA-MFT
DEP: LEXJ/SDR 29 ELEV 16 FT COST INDEX: 45 TTL G/C DIST: 375 NM
ARR: LEPA/PMI 24R ELEV 27 FT INIT ALT: FL300 TTL F/P DIST: 485 NM
FUEL BIAS: 100.0% TTL AIR DIST: 464 NM
AVG WIND CMP: TL018 KT
ALT: LEIB/IBZ 24 ELEV 24 FT 105 NM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIG DOW PAX CARGO TOTAL ULOAD LIM ZFW TOW LDW
STANDARD 43349 75 8452 14977 3724 LDW MAX 62500 77000 64500
PLN 58326 63992 60776
ACT ...... ...... ......
FUEL CORR ENDUR
TRIP 3216 ........ 01:15
CONT 5% 190 ........ 00:05
ALTN LEIB 1121 ........ 00:27
FINAL RESV 1139 ........ 00:30
MIN T/O 5666 ........ 02:17 .....................................
EXTRA ...... ........ ..... CAPTAINS SIGNATURE (....)
TAXI 120 ........ 00:10
RELEASE 5786 ........ 02:27 I ACCEPT THIS OFP AND I AM FAMILIAR
ARR FUEL 2390 ........ 00:57 WITH THE PLANNED ROUTE AND AERODROMES
FUEL TANK CAP 18729 KG / MAX EXTRA FUEL 3724 KG LIM BY LDW
TRIP CORR FOR 1000 KG TOW INCR: +31 KG / 1000 KG TOW DECR: -29 KG
2000 FT LOWER: +41 KG / EET 01:17 CLB: 250/300/.78 DES: .78/300/250
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEXJ STD 07:00Z/09:00L ETD 07:00Z ACT OFBL .... EST T/O 07:10Z ACT T/O ....
LEPA STA 08:25Z/10:25L ETA 08:30Z ACT ONBL .... EST LDG 08:25Z ACT LDG ....
SKD 01:25 PLN 01:30 TTL BLCK .... EST FLT 01:15 TTL FLT ....
ATC ROUTE: N0460F300 BLV5R BLV UM601 REBUL/N0415F280 UL110 GIR/N0409F270 UP84
LORES LORE1K

Edited by papelino

I answer to myself.

Question solved!

I was doing the calcs badly. It's necessary firstly click on "new aircraft performance" and then " collect performance for flight"

I had the toliss A319 profile selected and when click on " collect performance for flight", the data the programm gave me was something odd, because I didn't select the option "new aircraft performance"

Edited by papelino

Hi ALex

For now when i click right on  airport : show procedures  SID STAR and TRANS.... no information on all airport in little NAv MAP .

What i can do for recovering  ??

Thanks

and all my friends have the same issu we are 14 guys .

Patrick