Sign in to follow this  
blue2

P3D v3.4 Presets required to Enhance VFR Photo Scenery

Have just recently acquired the latest version of PTA for P3D v3.4  to enhance the VFR Photographic scenery of the UK as some parts of Scotland are very "washed out" in appearance. I've tried adjusting the saturation settings within P3D to alter this but then have to  re-adjust when I fly further south again.

Has anyone got an ideal preset or advice on what to adjust in PTA to improve the old FSX VFR Photo series? I've tried downloading any selection of presets offered within the forum but the links always fail.

I generally fly GA aircraft such as the A2A Spitfire and similar.

Regards

Nigel

Hi Adam,

Thanks very much but I see that your list of presets are for v4, which one will be OK for my v3.4?

Regards

Nigel

ps:- what do you mean by " check that your HDR settings are set to the recommended values for the new preset. " Where are these recommended settings?

Edited by blue2
More info

Sorry Adam, another senior moment, I downloaded your adam_pta26_01 and found the recommended values within. Just done a test flight at Chivenor and the effects/colours are much better. Cockpit is a bit dark though, so the P3Dv4 presets seem to be working ok in P3Dv3.4. will try the others, again thanks.

Nigel

Hi Nigel - I had a senior moment too :wacko: - I didn't read the "3.4" in the subject!!!

I still have most of my archives for earlier versions - so let me dig one out for you and I'll post you the link when I find it.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

12 hours ago, blue2 said:

Thanks Adam👍

Here you go Nigel - I hope it's of some use! Created 22 March 2017 (for P3Dv3): Adam PTA 21_11

pta_21_11_01_fall_0745_800.jpg

Adam.

Thanks Adam, will give it a try. Nice pic of 43 Sqdn Hunter Mk F6a over in New Zealand I take it.

I've also got JF's Mosquito and Hunter.

Regards

Nigel

Yes .. somewhere over NZ, but I forget where now! I love the jets of that era - and probably own the complete JF set!! Vulcan,Meteor, Canberra, Hunter ...

Let me know if that old preset helps at all 😉

Adam.

Edited by Adamski_NZ

Just flown a couple of trial trips around RAF Chivenor ,North Devon me handsome (where I spent six happy years of my RAF career as a Propulsion tech on Hunters} and your preset has made a great difference in the ground colours, cockpit is still a bit dark but I will persevere with the settings.

When I figure out how to attach pics will post before and after shots.

Nigel

22 minutes ago, blue2 said:

Just flown a couple of trial trips around RAF Chivenor ,North Devon me handsome (where I spent six happy years of my RAF career as a Propulsion tech on Hunters} and your preset has made a great difference in the ground colours, cockpit is still a bit dark but I will persevere with the settings.

I used to live not far from RAF Kemble - where a fair few old Hunters got restored. I remember going to a fly-in there that had 22 flying at once!!!

I think some of the JF VCs tend to err a little on the dark side. If you tweak up the VC shadows in PTA to compensate, many of your other aircraft VCs may end up looking a bit washed out.

Adam.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.