Sign in to follow this  
SoloPilot

CS 757-III no cockpit sounds

I recently purchased the new Captain Sim 757-III. However, I don't have any sounds for the switches, packs, levers, etc. I only have engine sounds. I looked around and noticed that the sound files for all those are in FSX\Captain_Sim\757-III\sound, and there are TSS files in SimObjects\Airplanes\CS757\sound. I also noticed that there is a sound.ini file in the 757-III folder. However, it is not configured so that it can be used as a .cfg file for the aircraft. Is there a way to get the sound from the CS folder into the SimObjects folder so that I can use the default sound pack?

Edited by SoloPilot

I had this problem too in the PMDG 777. My solution was to remove an extension cord for my headphone socket and it worked. I didn't really mess around with files. 

It might be different for me though since they are two different add ones. My engine sounds outside were also very loud and unclear.

Edited by Zaakit

You probably solved this already, but if not check that the CS dll file is loaded in the dll.xml file in your appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX (or FSX-SE in you are running FSX-SE on a side by side config). Youy should see this

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Captain Sim Sound</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Captain_Sim\bin\cs.sound.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

If it's not there just add this into it. This is the dll that adds the cockpit switch sounds.. If it is, check that the dll is actually there. your A/V program may have kicked it out on install.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d