Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

When Setting Controller Default Settings.....

.....can FSX please allow for the user to choose which settings he wants to be returned to default. At the moment, no matter which screen you have selected, FS9 returns all controller settings to default which can be very annoying.

Hmm this never happens to me... in fact I've never heard of this happening... unless youre replacing your FS9.cfg file all the time.

>Hmm this never happens to me... in fact I've never heard of>this happening... unless youre replacing your FS9.cfg file all>the time.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894733/en-us"The Reset Defaults option resets Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight to the baseline configuration that is most appropriate for your computer's hardware and drivers. When you select the Reset Defaults option, any keyboard and joystick assignments that you have customized are erased and replaced with the default options."Todd, are you saying that when you click Reset Defaults it doesn't change all the custom settings for your controller?

Guest Roymcm

You can (sort of) do this with FS9.Just edit the Devices.cfg file with the setting you would like to be the default.

>You can (sort of) do this with FS9.>>Just edit the Devices.cfg file with the setting you would like>to be the default.Yes, but wouldn't it be nice if when you, for example, click for defaults on sensitivities it only changed the sensitivities to dafaults or where you click for defaults on slew mode settings it only changed those rather than reverting all controller entries back to default?