Sign in to follow this  
FlyingChicken

CS 767 Captain A/T disconnect button

Howdy fellow aviators!

I've been ejoying the Captain Sim 767 on FSX:SE recently, but found myself unable to resolve a particular issue. I would like to utilize one of my hardware buttons for the A/T disconnect, primarily intended for final approach. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to do this. I am specifically referring to the A/T disconnect button found on the throttle lever, not the A/T arm switch found on the MCP (although I cannot really seem to get that to work either).

I have tried FSUIPC's "Auto Throttle Arm" control assignment, but it doesn't appear to work. Well, at least not for my intended goal. I have also consulted the CS manuals for further clues, to no avail. Unfortunately I have exhausted my ideas at this point.

Does anyone know how to do this?

It seems there's a problem with the A/T disconnect in the 767 Captain. I just tried to manually press the button using my mouse during flight (I hadn't really tried it yet during an actual flight), and although the A/T DISC light illuminates on the caution lights panel after disconnect, the A/T remains in control. Only when I disarm A/T on the MCP it gives control back to me.

I'm assuming this is a bug with the 767 Captain? Either way, because A/T DISC doesn't seem to function correctly, I might just as well use A/T Arm for my purpose. Is there a way to assign the A/T Arm switch (on the MCP) to a hardware button? The FSUIPC control assignment I mentioned in my previous post doesn't seem to do what it suggests for the CS 767.