Sign in to follow this  
Guevorkyan

Airport file updates erasing parking options

Hi Niko, 

I've seen PSX do this lately. Once I add a new airport through PPG, PSX would start to update live positions as intended.

But, the problem comes when as soon as a live position is updated, the remaining custom parking options (either from the bgl or configured by myself), are erased. 

I've seen this, and tried to edit the file time and time again, but once PSX starts, all my custom options disappear, save for the live parking positions.

PPG version is 10.0

PSX version is 15.3

See this screenshot of NZCH on my system:

7dQsOVh.png

Santiago de Larminat

That is by dedign....

As soon as PSXT finds a real live option it will erase non live options for that parking position.

If you have added an option manually and ypu want it to stay you should set its label real to true.

See the Manual and the FAQ about this.

Edited by kiek

I get that, but the options erased weren't even real live options.

If you look at the screenshot of the file, you will see several positions where there are not even live options. The in-built options have been erased, those are some ramp options and no real traffic has parked there.

-This is a real live position as per the file:

<parkpos id="r7" latitude="-43.491249" longitude="172.540039" heading="130.5" radius="12.0">
        <aircraft>
            <option airlines="NZM" types="AT76" real="true" hours="0,1,2,3,7,8,20,21" />
        </aircraft>

</parkpos>

- This should be a random position when no live option is available:

<parkpos id="r96" latitude="-16.880899" longitude="145.747314" heading="158.6" radius="8.0">
        <aircraft>
            <option airlines="PVT" types="C172" real="false" />
        </aircraft>
</parkpos>

-This is what I'm getting on a random position as soon as I run PSX:

<parkpos id="r67" latitude="-43.498539" longitude="172.527252" heading="98.9" radius="10.0">
        <aircraft />
</parkpos>

I have edited those positions to showcase parked airplanes, saved it, and then ran PSX, yet they are erased the same.

Santiago de Larminat

Hi

I'm out of the country till July 29

Will help you when I am back.

Nico

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Guevorkyan said:

-This is what I'm getting on a random position as soon as I run PSX:

<parkpos id="r67" latitude="-43.498539" longitude="172.527252" heading="98.9" radius="10.0">
        <aircraft />
</parkpos>

The point is, to have real positions. The random positions are only used as long as you have no real positions filled, as when you fly to an airport for the first time. If you spend time spotting at an airport, or spend some time on ground after landing or before takeoff, the random positons (which can include airlines never flying to that airport) are substituted with real positions.

You can choose how many percent real positions you want before every non-real positions is automatically deleted from the file, in PSXseecontraffic under the Non-real removal threshold.

You can of course copy a real position starting with <aircraft/> ending with   </aircraft>, and edit it yourself to include a random or real AC and hours, ie. aircrafts not using ADS-B yet. It's not difficult, but you should use a text-editor which stuctures the xml file so it's easier to edit.

Edited by vhaaland

Hi Vidar, I know what it does and how it works. Live real positions are not the problem.

The problem is that the "false" positions are ERASED, not updated with real positions. By erased, I mean that the (say PVT park pos) in a ramp is either compiled by the PPG from the bgl, or edited by me afterwards, then as soon as I start PSX, ALL positions that have no live options are erased from the random options. And those positions do not have a live option.

Just look at the screenshot. That shouldn't be like that for the random edited positions.

14 hours ago, vhaaland said:

You can of course copy a real position starting with <aircraft/> ending with   </aircraft>, and edit it yourself to include a random or real AC and hours, ie. aircrafts not using ADS-B yet. It's not difficult, but you should use a text-editor which stuctures the xml file so it's easier to edit.

I know how this works, I have edited way too many airports around the world. But now I'm having this problem where my own edits will be erased. I don't mind the live parking options, as those are intended to be updated automatically. My issue is with the parking positions WITHOUT live options, edited by me. Those are the ones disappearing as soon as I run PSX.

Santiago de Larminat

You should give your manually added options a real value of true in order to prevent that they will be erased. 

3 hours ago, kiek said:

You should give your manually added options a real value of true in order to prevent that they will be erased. 

So I have a question. I have TechnoBrain RJTT installed into FSX and I updated the parking gate info at Terminal 2. Looking at the example below for Gate 59, which is only assigned to ANA in the real world for those types or aircrafts, since I modified that section in the file, do I need to change real="false" to read as real="true" ??

Also, since I didn't manually add the hours information, will the program make any changes to the below example at Gate 59 (meaning I will see the hours information the next time I open the airport file) and not change anything I have done in the option airlines, types information?? 

</parkpos>
    <parkpos id="g59" latitude="35.553192" longitude="139.788452" heading="247.0" radius="35.0">
        <aircraft>
            <option airlines="ANA" types="B788,B772,B773,B763" real="false" />
        </aircraft>

Yes you have to set real to true to "fake" PSXT. 

PSXT will not change the hours info for that particular example. If you do not specify hours it will assume all hours of the day.

2 hours ago, kiek said:

Yes you have to set real to true to "fake" PSXT. 

PSXT will not change the hours info for that particular example. If you do not specify hours it will assume all hours of the day.

Thanks for clarifying. Another question. Given that I have specified Gate 59 with the following aircraft types, types="B788,B772,B773,B763. If for some reason in the real world an A380 ends up parking at the gate, will the program automatically update the file to include that aircraft type or is that something I need to do manually??

It will add a new real option for the actual airline and the A380 and the hour at that gate.

10 hours ago, kiek said:

At the risk of beating the dead horse, I will try to clarify the problem. As I don't know this is working as intended.

I don't mind PSX erasing options if it is going to replace it with real options. 

The problem I am seeing is that the xml file is getting its custom parking options erased, without live parking options taking care of it.

Here's a screenshot of some random position options not yet replaced by a live option. Pretty normal stuff, I could even put some "PVT" in there, and some other types as well for variety.

The random positions are marked with the red arrows. Those positions mark the "airline" section ad the "type" section for that particular position. That is the normal xml out from PPG.

aG4u8aM.png

Now, this is a screenshot of another airport, where there's a live option recorded (position r63 in this case, and a green arrow).

There're also two other parking positions, which were random before starting PSX, but as soon as I run it, their random options disappear. Those are not live options, and there's no option line in there whatsoever, although there used to be one. Those are the maroon arrows.

That is the problem I'm having within the xml file, not whether there's a live option taking over my custom option. There's no option at all.

1tHIZcS.png 

I really hope I'm not being dense over this. This is a fantastic piece of software, and I'm very satisfied with it. Only that I sense there's something not going right in this particular case.

Santiago de Larminat

Hi, 

You maybe right, don't know.

I have no access to my computer this week. Will look at it next week when I am home. If it is (not yet) as intended I will fix it 

Kind regards

Nico

Just a quick thought in between. Could it not be that for that airport the number of real positions has passed the threshold value? In that case it will remove all non real options..

(otherwise you might have found a bug in that procedure)

Good morning Niko, I don't think there are too many real positions.

The xml belongs to Christchurch, and I've gathered around 22 real options thus far.

I'm not in a rush at all.

Edited by Guevorkyan

Santiago de Larminat