Sign in to follow this  
TurboKen

Captain Sim 777 (new version)

So I purchased the QW787 a few months ago and have flown it almost constantly since. I highly recommend it. Beautiful plane inside and out. But I have always wanted a 777. (Not willing to pay the PMDG prices, sorry I don't care how good it is) I don't need "study level".

So does anyone have the newly refreshed 777 by captain sim? What are your thoughts? Is it comparable in quality to the QW787? Thanks for any input.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Avoid it. You will be sorely disappointed compared to the QW 787. You are better off saving your money and putting toward something else. Only pro is that the model is very good as with most CS products. I believe there’s a review on YouTube.

Edited by JasonPC

I'd say it's unfinished, like almost all of CS' products. It just could be a lot better.

Save some money, i suggest you get the ifly 747, quite good too, and just a bit more expensive than the QW787. That's the best you can get for long haul these days.

10 hours ago, LH340fan said:

I'd say it's unfinished, like almost all of CS' products. It just could be a lot better.

Save some money, i suggest you get the ifly 747, quite good too, and just a bit more expensive than the QW787. That's the best you can get for long haul these days.

I actually just bought the iFly 747 about a month ago. Your telling me the CS777 is not even as good as the iFly747? Which in itself is not close to the QW787.

I watch the video of the plane and see the pics on CS website I would have thought the CS777 would be much nicer then the iFly747... 

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

17 hours ago, Reader said:

For @turboken here is an independent review from this very site, uncoloured by personal prejudice.

There is no reason to suppose that the P3D v4 version will not work in exactly the

same way as the FSX version reviewed.

To be fair, this review is 4 years old.  Since this review, CS has released two significant updates to bring the current version to 1.8.  I wouldn't compare it up to PMDG; however, it doesn't represent bad value.  All the major systems are simulated and work well.  My only gripe is the physics seem a little 'loose' to me, especially on approach.  Still, it's a fine aircraft and flies well.  I'd recommend you wait until Capt Sim has their annual sale and pick it up for $10; of course, that typically doesn't happen until December.  

Matt King

On 7/20/2019 at 5:01 AM, LH340fan said:

i suggest you get the ifly 747, quite good too, and just a bit more expensive than the QW787. That's the best you can get for long haul these days.

I think it's the other way round, I just checked and the 747 is less expensive than the QW787. The 747 is tempting. If they had it for the same sale as the fsx I'd have it.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

So I had myself convinced from the previous posts to NOT buy the CS777. But then I thought about some of the negativity towards the QW787 (which I love) and thought I would have never purchased it either if I had read the comments. So I said to myself I’m just going to buy the CS777 and see for myself.

I am glad I did. Now is it perfect, No. But it is not bad either. I would say very much on par or better then the iFly 747. The interior and flight characteristics are evenly matched but the outside visual modeling is absolutely incredible, better then even the QW787, sorry guys but it is hands down beautiful to look at. However it does come at a steep cost to FPS which is easily the biggest negative of the 777.

So… for the price @ $70 the QW787 should be the first plane you purchase. But from there I would say both the iFly747 or CS777 are great planes @ the $60 mark. Get the plane YOU want to fly there both good.

22 hours ago, turboken said:

I am glad I did. Now is it perfect, No. But it is not bad either. I would say very much on par or better then the iFly 747. The interior and flight characteristics are evenly matched but the outside visual modeling is absolutely incredible, better then even the QW787, sorry guys but it is hands down beautiful to look at. However it does come at a steep cost to FPS which is easily the biggest negative of the 777.

So… for the price @ $70 the QW787 should be the first plane you purchase. But from there I would say both the iFly747 or CS777 are great planes @ the $60 mark. Get the plane YOU want to fly there both good.

thanks for that review, don't be to harsh on the 787 since they have updates incoming still, if you want to save a few frames just disable the vc which is what I did in the 757, frankly I quite enjoy the 757 and it's my first learning commercial tube and if you do everything right it's quite nice.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

CS are masters in graphics. They are the best.

The systems are not bad but could be better.

A couple of years ago I flew the 757 and 767 and luckily I did not have all those LNAV and VNAV issues.

I even modified there airfiles so the descending after the TOD was more correct...

😨

757 ( 2014 ) - several people thought this was a real pic...

B757%20over%20Gchem.jpg

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

17 hours ago, GSalden said:

A couple of years ago I flew the 757 and 767 and luckily I did not have all those LNAV and VNAV issues.

I even modified there airfiles so the descending after the TOD was more correct...

😨

B757%20over%20Gchem.jpg

Nice one. I have to say that although i do  get vnav issues it's not all the time, so maybe it's related to the alt requirements of a star, IDK. I do agree on visuals. 757III looks really good and applying tomatoshade makes it look a bit less plain on the outside. Wish it had PBR. It won't. The really dissapointing thing is the pricing and performance, which are almost FSL' level. I barely get over 10 Fps on approach with this bird on my system.

On the 777 visuals aren't that bad, except for some colors and some shadows that look a bit off when compared to the real thing. It's a nice alternative if you want a -200ER with PW and GE 90-94b or 90 (but still no RR) and it has tons of potential.

But when compared to ifly you really feel CS777 is just a port from the 32bit world. The ifly to me is a cheaper PMDG without their sense of humour and candy-eye effects (aka no pen animation or rain effects) that's wonderful both on frames and as per systems modelled. I don't own any ifly nor the CS777 but i've read so many reviews i kinda see what people are talking of. CS just need to update the product to a more actual standard (like the 757III level), something they didn't do yet. Until they do so, there still will be other devs with better products for about the same price (MJC dash 8,Leo maddog, Ifly, QW to say the least) and that get updates way more often or that are already of a better standard. This is why almost everyone here tells you to go for the IFly.

Again there's nothing similar as to listening to yourself and going for the one you want the most, so that you will get your own opinion out of it.

😨

B757%20over%20Gchem.jpg

I agree, CS are probably one of the best at graphics!  Wish they would add vc rain effects to the 757 and 777.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Those people shoud seriously consider visiting an optometrist... :laugh: 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

29 minutes ago, Pugilist2 said:

I agree, CS are probably one of the best at graphics!  Wish they would add vc rain effects to the 757 and 777.

the 757 does! since 1.3 at least it has trueglass

To be honest, I will never buy again a long-haul plane without any option to fast forward while flying long hauls. The QW "Jump Ahead Feature" is phenomenal for people like me that do like doing long hauls but not in real time. The PMDG autocruise is another great way of at least reducing the overal time on long hauls. And as far as I know, CS does not offer any such system, am I right?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS