Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Looking for a G/A AC with an RMI to fly ARC DME

Hi Mates,

A long time ago I used to fly a couple of ARC DME with the RealAir SF-260 that was equipped with an RMI. It was kind of 'easy': I kept the RMI 90° left or right of the heading of the aircraft and corrected by maintaining a constant distance to the VOR indicated by the DME.

Today, I'd like to fly again some ARC DME and I watched some YT videos, for me it's more complicated if the aircraft is only equipped with a VOR receiver. You are obliged to reset regularly the OBS and it's not convenient on a PC with mouse and keyboard.

I have the A2A C172 and Bonanza but apparently, unless I mislooked, there is no A2A G/A aircraft equipped with a RMI.

Are you guys aware a good G/A aircraft designed by a major addon developer that would be equipped with an RMI?

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

Not sure how "good" you would say the Carenado PA31T CHEYENNE II is, but I am pretty sure we have an RMI in that aircraft.

Me personally like that little gauge alot. I recall some old avsim member's signature which said "every Outer Marker should be an NDB", and I agree with that sentiment (in our fs world) ☺️

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

The old Realair Legacy has the best analogue instrumentation.  If you had a copy you can always redownload a P3D V4 at the http://realairsimulations.net/ link

Otherwise yeah I'd try a Carenado and just Google image search the virtual cockpit.  I don't think any of the A2A birds have RMI'S.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In case you want to fly the SF260 in P3DV4: The FSX version runs well.

• Like 1

Felix

Thank you all! Much appreciated.

Yes the Cheyenne has a RMI indeed but I don't like the rendition of the panel by Carenado.

I have all RealAir licences so I think I will give the SF-260 and Legacy a try in P3D.

I hope the magic of these planes will remain in P3Dv4.

- TONY -

They definitely keep their magic! For the SF260 you only need to replace Doug Dawson's sound gauge by the 64bit version.

• Like 1

Felix

If you want to have some real fun, try using a single DME station and locate yourself over the top by using "DME Homing"!

• Like 1

David Porrett

1 hour ago, DavidP said:

If you want to have some real fun, try using a single DME station and locate yourself over the top by using "DME Homing"!

Can you do that with all that glass David?  Haha!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, Simicro said:

Thank you all! Much appreciated.

Yes the Cheyenne has a RMI indeed but I don't like the rendition of the panel by Carenado.

I have all RealAir licences so I think I will give the SF-260 and Legacy a try in P3D.

I hope the magic of these planes will remain in P3Dv4.

The legacy in v4 is still my most flown addon.  I've configured dual RXP GTN 750's in mine.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

47 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Can you do that with all that glass David?  Haha!

😂😂 Yes, that would be cheating a little, but I demonstrate it to my real students in the sim and they are amazed that you could do it!

Edited by DavidP

David Porrett

Milviz PC6 models the RMI right down to the little illuminated <== arrows ==>, the marker lights work too .

Best CJ

• Like 1