Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

MegaSceneryEarth v.3 purple textures

Hello!

I see a lot of purple textures. What settings to apply to make the color real? There is no such color on the surface of the earth)

What is the problem?  What should the surface look like? It must be brown.

HDR off, PTA only for sky

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Install P3D again to another SSD. Clean, no add-ons, HDR on

All perfectly!   

3.jpg

Edited by BMW969

Unfortunately, I was wrong. On the screen above is another place. Purple textures unchanged.

Although, this simulator is reinstalled. ((

I have not seen such a ground in California

4.jpg

Edited by BMW969

It appears that may be just the coloring of the original ground imagery.  I have seen that in other photoreal sceneries as well.  Re-installing, re-booting will not make a difference.  And "color-correcting" imagery can be very tricky... this I know from experience.

What scenery or area is that?  Maybe there is a newer version that has better imagery?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Latest version 3

1.jpg

I think you are right. This is the original photo.

Very similar to chromatic obbration.

I am also familiar with the photo business.

This purple problem is easily removed in the editor. It is strange that beta testers missed her.

( Place on screen near San Francisco )  (near KSUU )

Edited by BMW969

I also have MSE's Northern California scenery and have never been particularly satisfied with the coloration of the imagery. I have mostly spent my time flying around the bay area, and always found the colors to be a little washed out, somewhat unsaturated and a tinge too blue in downtown SF, but too overexposed in the Eastern shore of the bay. You are definitely seeing similar artifacts. It seems to me that the MSE developers have not spent enough time color correcting their sceneries. I understand to some extent, because the regions they process are immense, but still, I would have liked the colors to be more natural. MSE's southwest is much better, and I ascribe that to the generally hot, dry and sunny weather. Norcal sees a whole lot more clouds and fog, so O guess it can be difficult to get good imagery.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

"This purple problem is easily removed in the editor."

Really?  Please do tell as I had a heck of a time cleaning up areas in my scenery?

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

17 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

"This purple problem is easily removed in the editor."

Really?  Please do tell as I had a heck of a time cleaning up areas in my scenery?

Clutch

First you need to access the original photos. Or convert everything .bgl to .jpg

I guess this is only in the power of the developer