Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Sidoli

New generation aircraft

Guest Peter Sidoli

With the thread referring to Century of flight and all the oldies I wonder whether MS will be adding the new generation aircraft that are in the pipeline.There are a whole gaggle of new generation baby biz jets..... The Citation Mustang, Eclipse, Adams 700 and plenty more.In props the TBM 850, Aircraft like the Diamond Twinstar....Cirrus (I believe Cirrus are working on a baby turbine for a single and twin)Anyway will MS continue with 25/30 year old airframes or look at some of the new ultralights, pistons, turbines Light and heavy jets which are forcing their way into an ever fuel concious world.Part of these new generation aircraft as well as modernised oldies are the new "glass cockpit". Fits and retrofits.What comes to mind is the complex leader " Garmin G1000 " which seems to be the standard at present.If that is built then the question arises as to how well the units will be modelled?Will they be to the standard of Reality XP or just a gimmick?Peter http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141229.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141230.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141231.jpg

The aircraft modelled in FS are done so under contract to their manufacturers.That can't be changed on a whim.Besides, a lot of people don't want computer displays instead of gauges and dials.From the inside every aircraft is ever more becoming identical. 3 computer screens in front of you with some buttons around the edges, a yoke, pedals, and some engine controls (and that's getting less with automated engine management systems).That's no fun to fly.

Guest A32X

I read in the "PC Gamer?" article flying round the internet that FSX would include an A321. Can anyone confirm this?-Paul(I'd be on cloud9 if that were true!)

>I read in the "PC Gamer?" article flying round the internet>that FSX would include an A321. Can anyone confirm this?>>-Paul>>(I'd be on cloud9 if that were true!)>I thought "taildragger" replied in another post (don't remember if it was here or [heaven forbid]another FS site)regarding the A32x and said it would not be in the release

Guest tdragger

<>They are?! Darn! I wish someone had told me! :)

Guest tdragger

Go back and re-read my reply VERY closely. ;)

So the airbus will be there, just not the specific model number: A340-300 or A320-200...

A/C model's aren't the only thing MSFT has to worry about when developing. I'd rather them spend hours on the smoothness of the sim than spend hours fiddling with the nose texture on a Cessna. Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest christian

Great post, Peter. As much as I love the vintage birds, it would be also great to have a very modern GA aircraft with glass cockpit in the aircraft set.Christian

>Will they be to the standard of Reality XP or just a gimmick?Well, no matter how "authentic," any new gauges will be done in XML, so I would predict that the answer would be no...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hey Peter: One thing I did notice though....uuhhh, that plane might fly better if you turn the engine back on....HAHA. :-)If you don't reply, I'll understand why...hehe.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest Peter Sidoli

>Hey Peter: One thing I did notice though....uuhhh, that>plane might fly better if you turn the engine back on....HAHA.>:-)>>If you don't reply, I'll understand why...hehe.I was lucky enough to wangle my way into the left seat of the Diamond Twin Star and by accident cut the left engine ;-)I think to model this aircrafts sytems and avionics other than in a gimmicky way would be very difficult.My own feelings are that I have reservations about these all television screen fits for light aircraft.I prefer a mix of conventional with something like the Garmin 530/430.Even the engine management is becoming automated.With the Diamond Twin Star the big dissapointment was its speed which hasnt even approached the initial claimed figures of 206 kts at 12000 feet.Low level 127 kts was indicated and the best TAS at higher levels seems to be 155-160 kts tas which is about 45 kts down on the claimed figures.Peter

Seems like they need to look at another engine or more horespower then. I'm sure the frame can handle it if it's composite, which is what it looks like.I used to be the same way about the mix like you were. I haven't yet seen the 1000's in person so it's hard to say for me, but I am an eye candy person...lol.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest Peter Sidoli

The TBM 850.....The TBM 700 was a great addon favourite in FS9. The PT6A-66D is flat rated at 850 hsp up from the 700 hsp of the TBM 700.Cruise speed increases by 55 kts at FL310 over the TBM700 Time to climb has increased dramatically... FL260 in 15 mins FL310 in 20 mins and a long range cruise of 1500 nm.Citation Mustang......The Citations account for the largest number of business jets as well as the biggest manufacturer so why no default Citation?The Mustang as a single pilot aircraft is another "must have" for FSX.Seneca Five/Six.....Again the Seneca is the most popular twin ever made with the greatest numbers world wide yet was missed out of FS.Please put this aircraft in its rightful place in MSFS.OFFER to MS (I have 2000 hrs real world time in Seneca Fives and am happy to offer my assistance as well as detailed knowledge of these aircraft to MS if you decide to build them :-)Diamond TwinStar ...... So unusual looking that this is a must have too even if its a little slow.Does anyone want to add to this list?Peter