Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Sidoli

New generation aircraft

Guest Peter Sidoli

JeffThe engine size isnt the only problem. Initially they had figures approaching the claimed speeds in the first test aircraft but then had cooling problems as well as weight problems.The aircraft is very draggy and I noticed high power settings made only a small difference.But she is a beautiful and unusual aircraft the cowl almost looks like a work of art.Peterhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141340.jpg

>The TBM 850.....>Time to climb has increased dramatically... FL260 in 15 mins>FL310 in 20 mins and a long range cruise of 1500 nm.G'day Pete,Did you mean "increase" in the above statement?Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Core i7 3820 | Asus P9X79-DELUX SLI M/b | 32GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | DeepCool Gemmaxx Cooler
nVidia GTX580 1536MB GDDR3 Video | ASUS MW221u 21" WS LCD
2 x Kingston V300 240gb SSD RAID for OS and FSX | 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1Tb SATA HD's in RAID | 1 x 1Tb ext b/up drive
Antec P193 Case | Corsair 1000W PSU | MS Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
My website and aviation photo gallery - www.christopherbporter.com

Guest Peter Sidoli

Yikes :-) Should have said "climb rate has increased dramatically. FL260 in 15 mins FL310 in 20 mins and a long range cruise of 1500 nm.:-) Peter

>I think to model this aircrafts sytems and avionics other than>in a gimmicky way would be very difficult.>I agree. All these avionics are about highly sepcialized databases, weather by subscription, etc. I can't imagine it would be possible to model all this stuff without a significant help from Garmin which would have to provide the actual software. Anything else would result in a "gimmicky" replica.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Michael J.

Guest tdragger

Well, we tried having the artists pitch in on flight model programming but that didn't seem to work so well. ;)

Guest davidvoogd

Considering the revolution in air travel the Very Light Jets (VLJ's) such as the Eclipse and Mustang are predicted to bring, I really hope one of these will ship with FSX. My preference would be for the Eclipse, it does have over 2500 orders worldwide right now so it will likely be the one most of us will see first of this new genre of jets.