Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Passing of John Loney, Jr. (johnnyb1)

It is with much sadness that I have to report that John B. Loney, Jr passed away in a Newark, NJ hospital on 17 July 2019, after a brief illness. He will sadly be missed by all of his relatives, friends and Flight Simmers.

He was 77 and is survived by his wife, Frieda, and his daughter, Karen.

The funeral info is:

Home going Service for
John B Loney Jr.
Friday, July 26th
9am-11am viewing: Service at 11am
Zion Hill Baptist Church ­
152 Osborne Terrace
Newark, NJ 07112

John started developing scenery for his own purposes with FS5 but it wasn't until FS2002 that he published a scenery for the first time (December, 2002)      

As of today there are 270 files in the Library that are shown by a search of his name.

He became an X-Ray Technician while serving in the army and upon discharge, he worked in that field at a major medical center in NJ. After 22 years in that position, He became a Cardiac Technician at NewarkBethIsraelMedicalCenter and worked in that position until he retired in 2003. However even flight sim could not fill the void left by retirement so he returned to the hospital as a per diem employee working with heart failure and post heart transplant patients. He worked for 48th years at the same hospital.

He chatted on Skype with a group of fellow FSimmers and friends.      

Edited by Jim Young
Edited title to include AVSIM username
  • Like 1

Ugh, sad news. Seems like he's been contributing forever to our world.

RIP John.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Only just read this sad news. He was a very generous producer of freeware, a lot of which I used in my FS9 days. RIP John.

Bill