Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

pilatus porter (milviz)

You can't post there if you haven't bought it. An absolute no-go for me, since I want to know about the problems and bugs before I buy it.

Edited by FDEdev

1 hour ago, MindYerBeak said:

I really like the porter but  if the legs  are all wrong and does not " model a taildragger's ground handling, takeoff characteristics nor landing characteristics" I think I'll pass.

Those are just personal opinions, none of them stated by aknowledged real Porter pilots, so they must be taken as from where they come. 

In Youtube you will find a bunch of Porter videos, perhaps you can take a look and then decide.

Tom

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, taguilo said:

Those are just personal opinions, none of them stated by aknowledged real Porter pilots,

Do you really need PC-6 pilots to confirm e.g. the obvious landing gear error? 

https://ibb.co/FWTWQVS

As a result you can't land the MV PC-6 in the same realistic 3 point attitude you land the real one.

It looks and feels great in the real one as she smoothly sinks into the long shock struts after touchdown.

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

I see what you mean. To me, it looks like the compressed version of the gear is showing all the time instead of just on the ground. I'll see if fixing it is a feasible option at this stage.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

As a result you can't land the MV PC-6 in the same realistic 3 point attitude you land the real one.

It looks and feels great in the real one as she smoothly sinks into the long shock struts after touchdown.

Perhaps these pictures show it better than the one you posted:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMuUq9gvmeZo-4amGe58yG81Q90RRbENGu-YiLrRe-vVCO-C8yw68QlgKIdM_Ji8A/photo/AF1QipOzwu0XqGwy65eatOeLE3qkamGbXtRGNOY2Vv-v?key=ZGEtaE9BNTk0YldpQWpFQXNWZnU1d2hqajh0WXJ3

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMuUq9gvmeZo-4amGe58yG81Q90RRbENGu-YiLrRe-vVCO-C8yw68QlgKIdM_Ji8A/photo/AF1QipPQ6Z0D-Ue-oK77pdOA5A22cLlV8buetSqKRL4q?key=ZGEtaE9BNTk0YldpQWpFQXNWZnU1d2hqajh0WXJ3

As for your description of how a Porter should land, again, how many hours have you logged as a Porter pilot? Or, if not a pilot, how much have you flown in a Porter as a pax, as to be so exquisite in your appreciations?. And how can you know MV Porter feels on landing if you don't own it? Please be serious.

Tom

Edited by taguilo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Blackbrd said:

I see what you mean. To me, it looks like the compressed version of the gear is showing all the time instead of just on the ground. I'll see if fixing it is a feasible option at this stage.

Would this be a cosmetic fixing only  or would you need to re-do the whole landing gear,struts and all ? I mean should the  gear be always "compressed" the plane will probably land differently and not stop as quick as I see the real thing do in the videos. "sinking into the long shock struts after touchdown" ?

22 minutes ago, taguilo said:

Perhaps these pictures show it better than the one you posted:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOuUzAqhsJfBgVpBzftIqbJq-3gQcwh5lNdwobh

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNzI47x7kwOyavMvZUat5hJbRhdY7L6CYWZlJov

As for your description of how a Porter should land, again, how many hours have you logged as a Porter pilot? Or, if not a pilot, how much have you flown in a Porter as a pax, as to be so exquisite in your appreciations?. And how can you know MV Porter feels on landing if you don't own it? Please be serious.

Tom

Tom, those links seem to be dead.

8 minutes ago, MindYerBeak said:

Tom, those links seem to be dead.

Thanks. I posted new ones in the original message.

Tom

53 minutes ago, taguilo said:

1. how many hours have you logged as a Porter pilot?

2. Or, if not a pilot, how much have you flown in a Porter as a pax, as to be so exquisite in your appreciations?

3. how can you know MV Porter feels on landing if you don't own it? 

1. Enough 

2. Flying as a pax doesn't mean anything.

3. If you would try to land the MV PC-6 in the same 3 point attitude as the real one you would touchdown on the tailwheel with the compressed/too short mains hanging in the air. You can imagine what would happen next 😉

The correct attitude is crucial to achieve the correct touchdown speed. If the pitch attitude and hence AoA is too low, the touchdown speed will be too high and the landing roll too long.  

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 1

The stroke is 16 inches on the real deal and the same on the product.  This was fixed after we saw the post on the MV support area. 

You may feel free to "check" it if you wish.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

7 minutes ago, Milviz said:

The stroke is 16 inches on the real deal and the same on the product.  This was fixed after we saw the post on the MV support area. 

So Toms screenshot doesn't show it 'better', it shows the new, fixed version. Nice 🙂

9 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

1. Enough 

Means nothing

9 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

2. Flying as a pax doesn't mean anything.

I agree, but at least would be something

10 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

3. If you would try to land the MV PC-6 in the same 3 point attitude as the real one you would touchdown on the tailwheel with the compressed/too short mains hanging in the air. You can imagine what would happen next 😉

The correct attitude is crucial to achieve the correct touchdown speed. If the pitch attitude and hence AoA is too low, the touchdown speed will be too high and the landing roll too long.  

You are making assuptions on how the MV Porter performs on landing yet you never purchased the product, hence you couldn't make any valid comparison. And, being you a developer, you should know that visual model is not strictly related to flight characteristics. 

Again, second time, please be serious.

Tom

• Upvote 1

It's critical to note that we do try and fix outstanding issues before release and after release if not.  Our modus operandi is to release the product for two weeks (at least), find the major bugs, kill them, release a service pack, and then go for a general release.  This is exactly what happened with this product.

We fixed the gear before release as soon as it was pointed out.  The dev in charge of this had made a mistake on the animation.  It was fixed immediately as we like to see the "real" look on our aircraft... just as much as you, our clients (potential or actual) do.

However, it needs to be made clear that, if you don't actually own the product, it would be very difficult, if not impossible to make judgment calls on how it behaves in game.  As far as we're aware, no one else has made this type of comment.  Certainly not in our support forums.

If, as a client, you are unhappy with your purchase, please get on our support forums and we will try and fix the issues.  If we can't, we will discuss refunds on a case by case basis. 

If, however, you do not actually own the product, or have actual flight time in the aircraft, you'd best be better prepared than the "troll" here was.  If you check out Bel Geode's video on the product, you can clearly see the stork look on the gear...  see here:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

22 minutes ago, taguilo said:

And, being you a developer, you should know that visual model is not strictly related to flight characteristics.

Since we are talking about pitch attitude and AoA on ground, the visual model is strictly related to the FDE in this case.  

Concerning the hours; would you feel better if I write, 10, 100 or 1000?