Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

pilatus porter (milviz)

20 minutes ago, Milviz said:

However, it needs to be made clear that, if you don't actually own the product, it would be very difficult, if not impossible to make judgment calls on how it behaves in game.  As far as we're aware, no one else has made this type of comment.  Certainly not in our support forums.

If, however, you do not actually own the product, or have actual flight time in the aircraft, you'd best be better prepared than the "troll" here was.  

Since you have fixed the gear issue there shouldn't be any complaints. But again, it's a no-go for me to lock potential customers out of the support forum and I don't know who the troll is in your opinion.

Edited by FDEdev

Our reasoning is that if you don't OWN the product, you don't need support for it.  Proof of purchase is required for support.  This is pretty common in the world of aircraft (real and simulated) and we follow that rule.

The troll is the person who makes spurious claims without having checked/verified to see if those claims are true.  If that's you... well... what can I say?

• Upvote 4

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Its bad form for commercial members to be seen as trolling a product from another commercial member , this has reprocussions.

The discussion has run its course

CJ

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Milviz said:

The troll is the person who makes spurious claims without having checked/verified to see if those claims are true. 

Well, it wasn't me who posted tons of screenshots from the 'wrong' version on your own website, so how can I know that you fixed it?

@Chuck_Jodry-VJPL, FYI, it was someone from your staff who put that weird 'commercial member' under my name and I really don't know why it is there.

21 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

FYI, it was someone from your staff who put that weird 'commercial member' under my name and I really don't know why it is there.

Your screen-name should be clue enough, if you are in fact an FDE Developer...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The Milviz PC-6 with ORBX AYPY, NSTU, Tapini airport, is just top notch! A must to have! 😎

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

16 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Your screen-name should be clue enough, if you are in fact an FDE Developer...

Why does developing/designing FDEs need to be commercial?

Edited by FDEdev

Why is there a great big fs2002 2d radio panel in the virtual cockpit??? it looks flat. 1:14 in the video.

Edited by MaDDogz
  • Like 1

Luke Pype

17 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

May I ask which aircraft you feel correctly replicates tailwheel ground handling? Just like everyone else has said I feel it's a great airplane. 

I'd say some of the aircraft that most accurately reflect tailwheel behaviour are, off the top of my head:

• A2A's Texan
  • A2A's Mustang 
  • DCS's Mustang, Bf-109, Spitfire and FW-190

I was stating my opinion. That's it. I'm not saying anything else or implying any dark motives.

I have RL experience in a Cub. That's all; not a great deal of experience. I have a real passion for taildraggers since I believe they offer the best challenge to flying skills.

I had second thoughts about my post after pressing the 'Submit' button. It was kinda whiney and bitter. Too late now 🙂

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

15 hours ago, somiller said:

I'm not as much of an expert on "taildragger ground handling" as you, so for me it's a superb addon, and I'll be flying it alot. As a matter of fact, a group of us just completed a flight recreating Air America adventures in Laos, and the short, unimproved fields in rough terrain were a great test for this aircraft.

This is the only aircraft I've ever owned and flown in P3D that adequately simulates free-turbine performance. The only aircraft better in this regard, IMHO, is the Majestic Q400, but it's a geared turbine.

I'm curious how many taildraggers of this size and power you've flown IRL to have acquired the experience leading to your observation about the MV PC-6?

Kind Regards,

See my response above.

No, I have not flow a PC-6. How many have? 1000?

A taildragger is a taildragger.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

2 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

Why is there a great big fs2002 2d radio panel in the virtual cockpit??? it looks flat. 1:14 in the video.

Because that what he chose to use. I have no idea why since there are multiple choices that are fully 3d he could have chosen to use. :gaul:

BTW, those are default FSX/P3D avionics, not FS2002 (which wouldn't run at all).

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The old 2D panel the uploaded of this video put in there himself, he stated its easier to operate in VR mode. The MV PC6 does feature custom gauges.

When you say, a taildragger is a taildragger, and then state you have experience on both the A2A Mustang and T6, you can't be serious. Both behave completely different. The Mustang is a beast on takeoff, while the T6 is pretty straight forward, while on landing the Mustang rolls out rather easily without the difficult ground loop tendency of the T6. Putting in the Cub.. again a different experience.

The MV PC6 is a great addon with pretty spot on flight dynamics, accurate engine modeling and very good ground handling characteristics. All systems are there and simulated. For an addon in this price range, it offers a lot of content.

If you don't like it, that's fine. But don't judge what you haven't really tested yourself.

• Upvote 2

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

2 hours ago, RichieFly said:

A taildragger is a taildragger.

That's ridiculous...might as well just have said an airplane is an airplane. I've flown several 100's hours in a real Cherokee, which is a tricycle gear. I haven't flown a Boeing 737, but being tricycle gear, should I assume it handles like a Cherokee on the ground?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Most taildraggers are similar with respect to tailwheel steering. Of course taxiing a cub vs taxiing a P-51 will be different but the principles are the same so. IMHO, in that respect alone - taildraggers are taildraggers. However an airplane is NOT an airplane! :smile:

OK guys, there's some good info in this thread so let's stop the nit picking and keep it alive please.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors