Sign in to follow this  
Trevor2497

There might be a chance of Devs being at the Oshkosh Airshow!

(-Disclaimer- this is pure speculation)

On the FSI website the devs say the next update will be on July 25th. The EAA Oshkosh Airshow/ Fly-in is this week and I have no idea if this is pure coincidence or that they will somehow have a booth. They obviously do not have a finished simulator so the chances of them making an appearance are pretty slim, but the fact that the update falls during the same week as the largest aviation event just makes me wonder!  what are your guys' thoughts? If they did somehow show up, what would they do/have to show off the sim? 

29 minutes ago, Trevor2497 said:

(-Disclaimer- this is pure speculation)

On the FSI website the devs say the next update will be on July 25th. The EAA Oshkosh Airshow/ Fly-in is this week and I have no idea if this is pure coincidence or that they will somehow have a booth. They obviously do not have a finished simulator so the chances of them making an appearance are pretty slim, but the fact that the update falls during the same week as the largest aviation event just makes me wonder!  what are your guys' thoughts? If they did somehow show up, what would they do/have to show off the sim? 

In my opinion, it's totally a coincidence. They've been updating us on thursdays (all posts were made on a thursday), probably why the next update will come on the 25th (last thursday on the month and in august they are rolling out the insider program).

I think (and hope) they will focus all their resources on developing the software. Updates throught their site and forums would be more effective than spending money on a airshow (hence they don't have much to show or talk about).

1 hour ago, Peter Clark said:

Has any sim dev shown up at Oshkosh or Sun n Fun before? Not really their scene but widk.

FSX had a Kiosk set up at Oshkosh in 2009. 

I don't wait any special info for the 25 one. Just a roadmap of how info will be delivered to us along the marketing campaign that starts in August. 

So I think it's just coincidence. 

I've done SunNFun for 40+yesrs and the only thing I've ever seen was FS9 and Saitek controls set up for visitors to experience. The controls were for sale. 

I haven't seen them for a couple of years though. This isn't really the venue for flight Sims. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals