Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

DX10 Settings with Buffer Pools

Hello;

I have added the following to my FSX Config file, and I was wondering if I had to make the same or any additional changed to my DX10 in order to enhance the performance.

[BUFFERPOOLS]

UsePools=0

PoolSize=0

I know that there is a FSX Settings Config option in DX10 which lists a number of changes including  (CPU manage Buffers which is checked and =1 and GPU Manage Buffer).

I never applied any of the information from the DX10 config. So my question is should I make the same changed  DX10 and then apply it or leave it as is since it will just overwrite what I already have. Or does DX10 also need to know that I am using UsePools=0 in order to by in sync and work in harmony.

Does it really matter.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

It’s the same setting.  I am far from convinced that it has any significant impact on fsx, but other people believe it does something.

Hi Steve;

Thanks for your response and confirmation, I appreciate it. Yes I thought as much but wanted to confirm just in case.

In terms of the "assumed performance gains" yes you are correct in terms of the mixed comments. Actually I didn't notice any change with my original graphics card of 2 GB. I had to replace it and upgraded to the GTX 1060 SSC 6GB so I decided to try the fix. I didn't see an increase in performance (FPS) but it seem to run a little smoother under load than without it.

Again, with so many variations of hardware, add-ons, configurations changes, weather engines, some may see different results. Mine was very slight in smoothness hence the reason why wanted to know if i was missing anything else in the Fixer to see any real gains.

Thanks again.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.