Sign in to follow this  
shally17

Are my temperatures OK?

Hello All,

As a relative newcomer to the world of overclocking, I worry that the increase in temperatures caused by my overclocking my be hazardous to the health of my system. My i9 9900 is at 5.0 and running at around 50C spiking at 60C. My ASUS Z390-F motherboard is only at 40-50C but my ASUS GTX1070 (overclocked to around 1890 is running at around 60C, spiking to 70C sending the fans into a frenzy. Are these temps OK?

Steve.

Totally OK.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

They don't sound hot at all, my PC has had an overclock for about 5 years and I run similar temperatures. You want to watch voltages too though, excessively high voltages for extended periods will also degrade the chip.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

On 7/22/2019 at 7:19 AM, shally17 said:

Hello All,

As a relative newcomer to the world of overclocking, I worry that the increase in temperatures caused by my overclocking my be hazardous to the health of my system. My i9 9900 is at 5.0 and running at around 50C spiking at 60C. My ASUS Z390-F motherboard is only at 40-50C but my ASUS GTX1070 (overclocked to around 1890 is running at around 60C, spiking to 70C sending the fans into a frenzy. Are these temps OK?

Steve.

Very normal temps. In fact they are quite good.  My 9700k @5ghz under heavy load hits around 65-70c, with a Corsair H115i cooler, although the heatwave in Europe has really pushed my ambient temps up and now in the higher 70s. If you have the luxury to keep your ambient temp cooler, it also goes a long way to helping. 

When you start hitting 80s-90s, then your at warning zone, and should take action, but the system would shut down if it hit the threshold anyhow. 

GTX 1070 also hitting around where you are at. No worries. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

5 hours ago, HighTowers said:

Very normal temps. In fact they are quite good.  My 9700k @5ghz

Just curious.  What voltage did you need for 5g on the 9700k?  I'm getting ready to overclock my 9700k

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

27 minutes ago, micstatic said:

1.32v   I think I have a dynamic limited Vcore setting. Forget the actual term for it. Gigabyte Aorus Ultra

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

thanks. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next