Sign in to follow this  
StevePHL

Issues with RXP and AFL's KingAir

My GTN 750 runs normally in my sim with the exception of with the AFLs KingAir350.  When loaded in the KingAir, the rxp options window cannot be opened from the plugins window and the GTN is restricted to the Garmin database.  Odd, since the GTN is set to use the jep worldwide data, and does so in other planes.  I wonder if there is some sort of conflict with AFL's xjet plugin (wouldn't be the first!).  All updates for the RXP. GTN trainer, and KingAir are up to date as of yesterday.  Anyone else with the AFL King Air have this issue?  Load it up and try to enter a European airport into the flight plan.

A manual edit of the ini will overcome this.  But hopefully the options issue can be looked at.

Steve

Edited by StevePHL

Hi Steve,

can you post the content of the RXP log files? (see User's manual for file/path)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

19/07/22 13:36:32.858 14644 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.19.1
19/07/22 13:36:32.858 14644 INFO ] 

19/07/22 13:36:34.681 14644 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.19.1
19/07/22 13:36:34.680 14644 INFO ] 
19/07/22 13:37:14.200 14644 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6620

All seems normal there and the plugin doesn't seem to detect any particular error in opening the Settings Window.

Are you using any form of 'post-fx' (reshade or similar)?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

We don't have this aircraft so we can't try, but usually if this fails opening it is because another layer of software is preventing the window from opening. This is a regular Windows window which is hardware accelerated.

Since the last few versions we've also enhanced diagnostic information to the log files in order to help both our customers and ourselves identifying and solving possible issues like this.

Since nothing appears in the log files and this is working with all your other aircraft otherwise, I fail to see where to explore next.

You might want to just cross check the ini file is not 'read-only' (if ever this makes a difference for 'opening', although I'm pretty sure it will make a difference for 'saving' the changes).

To be clear; the the RXP works fine for me in every other aircraft.  The only variable here is the Xjet plugin which is required by AirFoilLabs products.  

So my post functions to notify of the probable issues with RXP and the Xjet plugin, in case someone cares to look into it.  Thank you.

Edited by StevePHL

Steve, I have the AFL 350 and when I load up the aircraft at EGLC and start up the GTN750 all seems to be fine. I was able to do a flight plan from EGLC to EGCC with no issues. Aslo was able to load a SID and STAR with no problem.

I was able to get to the settings option from the XP  plugin menu.

• Like 1

I just finished a flight in it as well, in Canada (CYYZ-CYUL), whole flight in vr, dual 750's integrated in panel, no issues takeoff to landing. Only plugins I have are FlyWithLua(3jFPS), and Avitab.

Edited by Muskoka
  • Like 1

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

5 hours ago, StevePHL said:

Thanks @asandor.  What plugins are you running other than Xjet?

I actually have a few plugins, The Active Sky plugin, autogate, avitab, better pushback, CEF (for FF A320), flywithlua, gizmo, JARDesign ground handling, a plugin for the Nimbus KORD scenery, the python plugins, SAM, skunkworks plugin for some Aerobask aircraft, terrainradar, x-camera, of course xjet, X-RAAS2, xsaitekpanels, the little navmap plugin, the plugin for the AvilaSoft EFB.

So as you see I have a few.

• Like 1

@asandor Looks like we have the same plugins, though I also use pilot view.  I have to pull Xjet to use some planes.  I often remove gizmo too, when not flying the X-Aviation planes.  I'm stumped, since the RXP works perfectly for me on everything but the KingAir.  So perhaps it is Xjet and the JRE triggering something else.  Anyhow, it's all well and good now, as I can adjust the ini manually if needed.  Thanks for your info.

Edited by StevePHL

47 minutes ago, StevePHL said:

Anyhow, it's all well and good now,

I'm not entirely satisfied not knowing what the issue is on your system in the end, but it seems it must be something really specific.

Could this just be something as simple as a setting in your Nvidia/AMD control panel (the settings window uses D3D)?

6 minutes ago, RXP said:

Could this just be something as simple as a setting in your Nvidia/AMD control panel (the settings window uses D3D)?

I would think if that were the case, the issue would not be isolated to the King Air.