Sign in to follow this  
Eduardo Holanda

[RESOLVED] Stuck on the splash screen

Since this morning, my FSX (Legacy) is not opening anymore. Stuck on the splash screen and then, stops working and closes.

I already re-installed it, but i'm still getting the same problem.

Anyone can help me?

Eduardo Holanda

There is probably an addon causing this. Did you delete your config file?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Just now, Jude Bradley said:

There is probably an addon causing this. Did you delete your config file?

I don't think so. I didn't install anything on my FSX in almost a month..

Where is the config file?

Have you tried either deleting the logbook.bin in My Documents/Flight Simulator X files or at least renaming it and letting FSX build a new one?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

Have you tried either deleting the logbook.bin in My Documents/Flight Simulator X files or at least renaming it and letting FSX build a new one?

Yes. Before reinstall, I deleted every file or folder related to FSX

Here's where the location of the config files are:

If you've got Vista/Win 7: C:\Users\(Your Windows User Name)\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

And if you have Windows 8, 8.1 or 10:  Hit your Windows key + R (Or open Run from the Start menu), type %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

Note that you'll have to tick on 'show hidden files/folders' under folder options. Otherwise you'll not be able to see these hidden files.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

32 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

Here's where the location of the config files are:

If you've got Vista/Win 7: C:\Users\(Your Windows User Name)\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

And if you have Windows 8, 8.1 or 10:  Hit your Windows key + R (Or open Run from the Start menu), type %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

Note that you'll have to tick on 'show hidden files/folders' under folder options. Otherwise you'll not be able to see these hidden files.

I deleted the entire FSX folder before reinstall on AppData

I will try one more reinstall. If it doesn't work and no one come with a better solution, I''ll give up FSX and buy another flight sim.

I'm not pretend to reinstall my Windows.

I wouldn't think a reinstall of windows is necessary.  If you're going to do a uninstall of FSX I would recommend downloading the free copy of Revo Uninstaller. 

Once the uninstall is done select the highest level of scanning for leftovers ( can't recall what that is titled at the moment).

Also, when you install it again, place it somewhere other than Program Files or Program Files (x86).  I have a folder titled FlightSim Files for all of my FSX stuff, however installing it into C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X would be just as good.

Ernest Pergrem

I have never had a problem installing and running FSX to default folders on every version of Windows since XP. But then I run a pretty much default setup. Boring, I know. 

Eduardo, we know nothing about your computer or how you take care of it. Event Viewer might give us some clues as to what is going on.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

It seemed to be a serious issue with my Windows and not with FSX, because other games I had were also having problems.

I ended up reinstalling my OS and the problem is solved.

Edited by Eduardo Holanda

Sorry for the late reply as I just saw this, but if I can help others with the same problem, so be it.....

I too have had this issue for quite some time. Appeared out of nowhere one day on my Win10 ver1809 build. I ctrl-alt-del and shut down the instance of FSX running then restart it again and have no issues for that session from then on. I run nothing out of the ordinary that isn't mainstream here and keep my system at peak performance, even though I still run an Intel 2500K and a FTW1070 for graphics. Sorry you had to rebuild, but at least problem solved for you.

Hoping For CAVU --- Chris