Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

NEW SCREENS???

OK , one month is gone .... please give us more new information..brds Martin

Guest nels

Microsoft may have found themselves in a difficult position to remedy the request for new screens. After mounting pressure from the community to dismiss rumours that FSX was even in development, I think they may regret the announcement as they now seem to be under a little pressure by customers to produce more information even although they have announced a significant amount of time until it goes gold.After all the excitement it may be time to cool off and let them get their heads down. I'm sure we won't regret it!

Guest Bell206freak

I concur. They really can't divulge the information that we all would like to know at the drop of a hat. I'm sure that each of the developers is extremely busy working on the next release making sure that it ships with no errors and that the end result looks as fantastic as we saw in the initial screenshot release - and perhaps even better.Give it time. I'm sure that in due time they'll release a little more information and/or screenshots as they're allowed to. If we keep on demanding it they may end up not posting anything at all.

Guest PC509

To me, they are going above and beyond being on these forums, answering our questions, etc. They are doing a great job. Those teaser screen shots were amazing! I'd LOVE to see more. But, I think I'd rather them keep working so they can give us better screen shots. Maybe they are working on something right now that will enhance the scenery, and they are awaiting the finish to give us a screen shot of that?! (Please?);)I'd like new screen shots too, but I also wouldn't mind a beta of it either! ;) (Yes, I've send my request to MS).

Guest tdragger

<>Regret? That's an odd assessment. ;)

Guest koorby

I'd say the issue is more likely that the DX9.1 API calls have not quite been locked down and the main "new" features in the FSX shots we've seen are the new effects in the 3D engine that may or may not make release. Therefore MS probably does not want to open the kimono too far in case some stuff gets cut from the GA code.Second reason is that they are probably waiting on new art from the art team; those shots looked a little early and I'd be happy to wait for some newer textures and autogen before calling for more shots.

> Second reason is that they are probably waiting on new art from the art team; those shots looked a little early and I'd be happy to wait for some newer textures and autogen before calling for more shots.Hi Koorby, the FSX screenshots look great but we still dont know yet if their OZ textures can match your standards :) Maybe in the next screenshots we will see. Anyways I hope they will be using yours as the reference one for FSX...

>OK , one month is gone .... please give us more new>information..>brds >MartinI think we need a new rule that says no more posts with "New Screenshots" in the title unless the post contains links to actual new screenshots :)Matt

Guest koorby

>Hi Koorby, the FSX screenshots look great but we still dont>know yet if their OZ textures can match your standards :)>Maybe in the next screenshots we will see. Anyways I hope they>will be using yours as the reference one for FSX...I hope they don't :D

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

">I'd say the issue is more likely that the DX9.1 API calls>have not quite been locked down and the main "new" features in>the FSX shots we've seen are the new effects in the 3D engine>that may or may not make release. >>Therefore MS probably does not want to open the kimono too far>in case some stuff gets cut from the GA code."Well, we pretty much do our best that if we're showing a feature off in a screen that it will ship at least like that. ">Second reason is that they are probably waiting on new art>from the art team; those shots looked a little early and I'd>be happy to wait for some newer textures and autogen before>calling for more shots."Well... not so much that. Some areas are more done then others. :) Of the terrain textures, for example, I'd say we're at about 95% done on the summers-- basically we could ship the summer textures tomorrow, and I'd be happy. There will always be work to do in that arena, and there are likely to be changes and edits before we're done...Seasons always come after summer.Autogen on the other hand is going through phases of "doneness." Somethings probably won't change until later-- but even then you're always safe to assume that what hits the shelves will look at least like the released screens.Often times we'll have various pieces of the sim "working" at least enough to prove the point, and then we rip it back out to fix some other system that lay beneath. A lot like working on a car-- we've rebuilt the cabuerator, but now the engine's in pieces on the driveway while we rewire the electrics.Cheers,jason