Sign in to follow this  
alyseif

FS Global Ultimate NG - scenery.cfg

I hope someone here can help me out, I am one of the unfortunate ones that missed the license transfer deadline from flightsim store to simmarket. Now I want to reinstall my downloaded files but I will not pay again for something I do not have. If anyone here can send me their scenery.cfg file so I can point my scenery to me already extracted files it would be very helpful, or even better if anyone has faced this problem before and would like to help out.

Files snapshot https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtUyqv0wiC2q2CaOmPWDSz61GuAy

Edited by alyseif

You should go to the developer PILOT`s web site they may be able to help.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Hello,

you can just add them to the scenery library in the way you can add any other scenery.

If you don't know how, here you are.

They can go anywhere you like, the most common choice is above Bathymetry and in any order.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Reader said:

Hello,

you can just add them to the scenery library in the way you can add any other scenery.

If you don't know how, here you are.

They can go anywhere you like, the most common choice is above Bathymetry and in any order.

Thanks this is a start but now I need the exact folders to direct this is why I need a sample scenery.cfg with it installed 

Here you go. This is for FSGU_NG but you'll find out how to organize your scenery.cfg.

[Area.098]
Title=1106 Base
Local=Scenery\1106
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=98

[Area.099]
Title=1107 Base
Local=Scenery\1107
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=99

[Area.100]
Title=OCE
Local=F:\FSGU_NG\OCE
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=100

[Area.101]
Title=EUR
Local=F:\FSGU_NG\EUR
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=101

[Area.102]
Title=ASI
Local=F:\FSGU_NG\ASI
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=102

[Area.103]
Title=SAM
Local=F:\FSGU_NG\SAM
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=103

[Area.104]
Title=AFR
Local=F:\FSGU_NG\AFR
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=104

[Area.105]
Title=NAM
Local=F:\FSGU_NG\NAM
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=105

[Area.106]
Title=LocalMeshes
Local=F:\FSGU_NG\LocalMeshes
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=106

[Area.107]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_EXX
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=107

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

2 hours ago, alyseif said:

Thanks this is a start but now I need the exact folders to direct this is why I need a sample scenery.cfg with it installed

What? It is absolutly irrelevant how the folder is named or where it is installed on your computer. You point p3d to the singel folders for each region with in the scenery editor of p3d. Not in the scenery.cfg with a text editor (I mean you can, but I would not recommend to try it that way). It is much easier:

1. In Windows Explorer, create a folder for the new scenery anywhere on your hard drive.
    You allready did that. e.g. D:\P3D\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\FSGN\AFR\
  2. Copy the Scenery and Texture folders for the new scenery into the folder you just created.
    AFR, ANT and so on are your new scenerys, they contain all the data from FS Global for each region. All you have to do is to add them to the scenery library.
  3. Start P3D and on the bottom click the Scenery button to enter the scenery library.
  4. In the Scenery Library click Add area.
  5. In the Select scenery directory, select the folder containing the new scenery e.g. D:\P3D\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\FSGN\AFR\.
  6. In the Scenery area name text box, type the name as you want it to appear in the Scenery Area list.
  7. Select Cache this scenery or Use this scenery directly.
  8. Click OK.

Even easier with the excelent FREE tool from Lorby 😍! Just google "Lorby Prepar3D V4 Addon Organizer".

Edited by Rasterfahnder
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

thank you so much guys it all worked out fine!!! but what about the local meshes folders and the BMP3D folder?

Edited by alyseif