Sign in to follow this  
sanookBKK

Small issues

First off all, thanks for this FSLabs FS2Crew, it is a very nice job indeed and really really close to reel Airbus SOP

I wish you could get access to an FSLabs SDK so it could be 100% perfect. If only you could read the FMGS and FMA !

I have some small issues and you may have a solution: 

- When taking off , what is the trigger word for the fo to says "checked" after we say "MAN FLEX XXX SRS RUNWAY AUTOTHRUST BLUE" ?

Most of the time he does not answer.

- when securing aircraft , the copi do not turn adirs off

- In the parking flow the PM turn off the brake fan, would it be possible to let us do that manually?

In hot country brakes might get very hot and we need to let brakefan on for a while at the parking. Restarting brake fan once at the parking is not a good idea due to the dust 

and small objects which could be sent over the ground crew working around the aircraft 😵

- When trying to be the PM , i have an issue with throttle settings. 

I let my throttle at idle but when taking off the PF says TOGA or flex XXX but sets only 50% thrust

I read somewhere on this forum that FS2crew was using some F KEYS on the keyboard to set thrust.

as my keyboard setup is not the default one, i would like to know which F keys are needed for the PF to set the thrust correctly

- I noticed that during the take off checklist, th PF says "TOGA" even if a flex temp has been entered in the FS2crew dep interface.

By the thanks again for the good work !

Hi,

1. It's looking for XXXXXXXXXX  Auto Thrust Blue.

So something "Man Flex 56 SRS Runway Auto Thrust Blue spoken as a single phrase.

2. ADIRS off in the secure procedure is the PF's job according to Airbus, not the PMs.

3. Brake fan:  I can make that an option for V1.1.  

4. For the throttles, we are sending an "F4" command to move the throttle up each detent, an "F2" to lower a detent.

5. Toga/Flex... button control or voice control?

1.  so if I just says "autothrust blue" he should answer ?

2. good catch

3. would be nice, thanks.

4. Well i set up F4 (throttle increase quickly) in F2 (throttle decrease quicly) keys but it does not seems to work. I tried a TOGA take off but PF did not set the thrust to TOGA , it was just before climb thrust .

5. voice control

I noticed that during the take off checklist, th PF says "TOGA" even if a flex temp has been entered in the FS2crew dep interface.

Ensure the option above is set to TOGA / FLEX in the TO THRUST field.

23 hours ago, byork said:

4. The airbus itself is using F4 and F2 to move between the detents on the throttle.  That's something special they setup.

I'm not sure what you're missing there.

Please check the FSLabs aircraft forum.

This is from the FSLabs manual :

ADJUSTING THRUST USING THE KEYBOARD
You may also use your keyboard to move the thrust levers, utilising the F1 – F4 keys.
F1 and F4: Use these two keys to move the thrust levers from one detent to the next
F2 and F3: Use these two keys to move the thrust levers between the detents.
Example: For take-off press F3 repeatedly to move the thrust levers to 50% N1. When the engines have stabilised, press F4
twice to move the levers to the FLX detent for a reduced thrust take-off.

My keyboard settings are now default  F1 throttle cut, F2 throttle decrease quickly, F3 throttle increase, F4 throttle full

Now If the PF does a flex take off , it set the thrust correctly, but if doing a TOGA take off, he sets the thrust to FLEX/MCT and alarms start rigging.

(Note that TOGA was selected in the fs2crew briefing page and he said TOGA during the before TO checklist)

Is FS2CREW using only F4 and F2 ? if doing a TOGA take off , how does the script knows that it has to push throttle further ? 

9 hours ago, sanookBKK said:

This is from the FSLabs manual :

ADJUSTING THRUST USING THE KEYBOARD
You may also use your keyboard to move the thrust levers, utilising the F1 – F4 keys.
F1 and F4: Use these two keys to move the thrust levers from one detent to the next
F2 and F3: Use these two keys to move the thrust levers between the detents.
Example: For take-off press F3 repeatedly to move the thrust levers to 50% N1. When the engines have stabilised, press F4
twice to move the levers to the FLX detent for a reduced thrust take-off.

My keyboard settings are now default  F1 throttle cut, F2 throttle decrease quickly, F3 throttle increase, F4 throttle full

Now If the PF does a flex take off , it set the thrust correctly, but if doing a TOGA take off, he sets the thrust to FLEX/MCT and alarms start rigging.

(Note that TOGA was selected in the fs2crew briefing page and he said TOGA during the before TO checklist)

Is FS2CREW using only F4 and F2 ? if doing a TOGA take off , how does the script knows that it has to push throttle further ? 

Setting TOGA has been fixed in V1.1 for the PM Tutorial.

We're using the Thrust Setting option in the Departure Brief for that.

Cheers,