Sign in to follow this  
Guest hypostomus

new screens

The one I really like the Heli over the marina.Besides a populated marina being nice, it looks from the masts that the boats move with the waves since all the masts aren't just pointing straight up.Also love those dense tropical trees! Can almost sees the birds flying out of them now! Whoa look out! :( And I hope I'm also seeing white caps in that picture!The Effiel Tower pics on the 2nd page were nice too.If they do for the sky what they've done for the ground so far in "eye candy" we're all going to get fat! Here's hoping the Shadows on rainy days(and lens flare) are gone! So far they dont seem to be.

I do notice that the plane sitting in the snow (the Maule in frame #8) was either there when it started snowing or someone forgot to show the tracks of the plane taxiing there. It looks great with the skis and wheels embedded in the snow, but there's no trace of how the plane got there.

Guest myskja

The site is blocked by websense/proxy from here... :(Does anyone know if these images are to be found on any additional sites?

Guest GabrielR

dont worry, these images are not new really, If you are posting in this forum, Im sure you have already seen them

>dont worry, these images are not new really, If you are>posting in this forum, Im sure you have already seen themwrong..actualy there is a few shots never seen before..heli over tanker with pilot visible inside and few more shots in Paristhere is 60 shots ...show me where else??and link is working brds

Guest JoJoDawg

I see about 8 shots new. Love the new Eiffel Tower shots looks good, and the Marina shot is awesome.Love the way the tree's and the water look. My fav would be the new wet looking runways, but the one problemthat I don't like is the same in the other similar shot is that everything is wet except the wings. What's up with that?I think it should be a requirement that MS post 4 or more pics a weekI don't care if they don't show anything new, I just want new pics to examine. plz ;)

These are great new shots but they are a little small, only 800 x 600 pixels. It would be nice to see them expanded. I've tried stretching them but they loose too much detail.I love the shot of Seattle looking north.

Mike Beckwith

I guess they just slewed the plane there. Would be too much work to fly it there just for doing a promo pic. In addition, in slew mode you can position it much nicer for an impressive screenshot.Wolfgang

>I do notice that the plane sitting in the snow (the Maule in>frame #8) was either there when it started snowing or someone>forgot to show the tracks of the plane taxiing there. It looks>great with the skis and wheels embedded in the snow, but>there's no trace of how the plane got there.>You know what else appears to be missing? Bird poop on the windows of the aircraft...I hope MS gets it right this time, you can't have birds flying around and no bird poop, that would be soooooo unrealistic.:) :) :) :)Matt

Guest Robin.B

Indeed! I'd love to see self shadowing in action. A lot less work for us painters as well! If the shadow was a tiny bit softer (Same goes for the Aircraft shadows and ground object shadows) it would look much better though :)

>>I do notice that the plane sitting in the snow (the Maule>in>>frame #8) was either there when it started snowing or>someone>>forgot to show the tracks of the plane taxiing there. It>looks>>great with the skis and wheels embedded in the snow, but>>there's no trace of how the plane got there.>>>>You know what else appears to be missing? Bird poop on the>windows of the aircraft...I hope MS gets it right this time,>you can't have birds flying around and no bird poop, that>would be soooooo unrealistic.>>:) :) :) :)>>MattAnd don't forget the poop shadow! We need that otherwise, I ain't simming.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter