Sign in to follow this  
dominikv95

Custom-built PC advice needed!

45 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

This isn't a subjective issue.  Either there is benefit to > 16GB RAM for P3D, or there isn't.  All I'm asking for is proof.  If you *can't* provide it, that tells me everything I need to know.  Others can draw their own conclusions.

Well, your selective quoting is getting funny.

You show me the "proof"/ gains and FPS gains a 2080Ti has on 2k over the 2080s and then justify the price.

Also, you seem to not be reading that countless times I've said 16GB is OK for p3D now. A 2060 is probably fine for 2k right now. But your selective quoting. To try and take things out of contents

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I definitely made it happen of that I can assure you. If I can do it again I'll happily post a screenshot, but it will be some time before I will be able to try I'm afraid.  The fastest PC where I am now would struggle with anything more demanding than FS98... 😉

Ouch, I feel your pain. 

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

I'm not parroting anyone it was my own observation on my own system. If you choose not to believe me then fair enough, it's no skin off my nose 🙂 

Kevin,

We have known each other's names/facers for years you don't need to prove anything your word is all that is needed.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Kevin,

We have known each other's names/facers for years you don't need to prove anything your word is all that is needed.

Ha!  Try that in a professional setting, or a court of law.  

I don't know you from a pile of beans.  I won't be taking your word for anything more than just your opinion.  

Just now, TechguyMaxC said:

Ha!  Try that in a professional setting, or a court of law.  

I don't know you from a pile of beans.  I won't be taking your word for anything more than just your opinion.  

This is not a court of law or a "professional" setting lol, Really!

Many people have been on these forums for years. You get to know the ones who you can trust and take their word. Kevin is one. Whether you like, trust that or not, I really don't care.

Given your recommendations, and now your attitude I would not trust your word for anything more than just your opinion. I would question it even if you were spec'ing a................... "pile of beans". 😃

I don't think I have ever passed 13GB of ram usage myself... but I will check again just for fun...

Really the only thing I wanted to add was to get a graphics card with large aftermarket cooling as the RTX cards get very hot. I added Heatsinks to the top of mine just for extra cooling power, as I also have a fan near the end blowing cool air across the top of the card. Problem is now it stays so cool it doesnt kick the fans on unless I am in heavy weather. So I had to edit the settings to have the fans run all the time like all the older cards did.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

19 hours ago, Nyxx said:

This is not a court of law or a "professional" setting lol, Really!

Many people have been on these forums for years. You get to know the ones who you can trust and take their word. Kevin is one. Whether you like, trust that or not, I really don't care.

Given your recommendations, and now your attitude I would not trust your word for anything more than just your opinion. I would question it even if you were spec'ing a................... "pile of beans". 😃

🤣

Thanks buddy, that's a good laugh.

On 8/1/2019 at 3:30 PM, dominikv95 said:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs WIFI - RGB Ready - recommended on here and has Wi-Fi built-in

Dominik

Did you have any issues with that motherboard? I have received the third one and still no luck. The first two came defective and the third one won’t boot up. The guys who are assembling my new PC says this motherboard is not good. I spoke to other folks who builds PC and they gave me the same answer. The quality of this motherboard is not good and based on their experience they received many complaints. Based on reviews this motherboard has only 3 stars. Not sure though if it tells anything.  I was recommended to go with ASUS Maximus XI hero  I have ASUS before, never hd any issues  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

18 hours ago, skysurfer said:

Dominik

Did you have any issues with that motherboard? I have received the third one and still no luck. The first two came defective and the third one won’t boot up. The guys who are assembling my new PC says this motherboard is not good. I spoke to other folks who builds PC and they gave me the same answer. The quality of this motherboard is not good and based on their experience they received many complaints. Based on reviews this motherboard has only 3 stars. Not sure though if it tells anything.  I was recommended to go with ASUS Maximus XI hero  I have ASUS before, never hd any issues  

The first two boards were defective and the third won't boot up? Sounds like whoever is building your PC is doing it wrong.  I've been upgrading and building PCs for 25 years and I've NEVER had 3 DOA parts in a row.  It just doesn't happen.

I have been working with two different group of people and they do it for a living. Both of them said same thing. They would be out of business if they had no clue what there were doing.  I have know them for 10 years and they built all my computers and my friends computers. Non of them had issues. I doubt they did something wrong. 

I spoke to tech support when they received boards back and they confirmed two boards indeed had issues. I think I just had a bad luck. 

• Upvote 1

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Just got an update. Looks like they have a progress with new one. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

The first two boards were defective and the third won't boot up? Sounds like whoever is building your PC is doing it wrong.  I've been upgrading and building PCs for 25 years and I've NEVER had 3 DOA parts in a row.  It just doesn't happen.

I've been building computers for a long time as well, and last year when the ASUS Maximus XI Hero was first released I bought one (thankfully from Amazon... with their awesome return policy), had to return it (wouldn't POST), then the second wouldn't even light up, and the third I kept although it takes minutes to simply run the POST.  I build computers on spec and no longer recommend ASUS boards.

Greg

• Like 1

Ok. Thanks for advice. I read in other forums that ASUS is not a good choice either. Good to know. Surprisingly I have had 3 ASUS boards and didn’t have issues. I still believe in  current board I am dealing with. So far it looks like there is a good progress. Maybe it was a minor misfortune. 

I have the Maximus xi hero. Happy with it. None of the above issues. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Me too. No issues.

8 hours ago, micstatic said:

I have the Maximus xi hero. Happy with it. None of the above issues. 

We have almost identical system 🙂 

• Like 1

Luke Pype