Sign in to follow this  
Guest lemonadedrinker

What about water landings in FSX...

Guest Water Mango

One of the big disappointments for me in FS2k4...This is a big one for FSX seeing their promoting amphibian activity in the sim...Landing on water in FS2k4 I don

Guest rbrown3rd

The fly paper stickiness of water in FS9 needs to be fixed. Also, seaplanes do not drift with the wind as they do in real life. I hope the water behaviors are all fixed in FSX. Any comments guys?

Guest garwig2

While we're on the subject, I'd like to be able to make flight plans where AI lands on water runways. In FS2004 AI will not take off from a seaplane base even if you use AFCAD and TTools correctly (unless you used a work-around where you had to cheat by making a fake asphalt runway under the water). Plus, if there is a water runway and land runway at the same airport you can't make AI seaplanes land on the water runway, they always get sent to the land runway.And since we might have ski planes in FSX, I'm hoping they'll work it so we can make the ski planes land on snow/ice runways when available instead of asphalt.-Gary Letona

Guest lemonadedrinker

An interesting post and if I may add here that an extra symbol in the map list to indicate a water base would be useful. It's difficult explaining to the passengers when the floats are digging into the tarmac that take-off may be delayed while we're dragged to the nearest water.Andy.