Sign in to follow this  
Captcoop

FS9 Flight1 / Aerosoft ATR 72-500

I recently moved from FS9 to P3D and loved the Flight 1 ATR 72-500 on FS9

How does the new Aerosoft 72 - 500 compare ?

Can you put the throttles into the Auto Slot and climb on IAS mode ? all videos I have seen on YouTube show V/S climb which is not realistic and possible dangerous.

I will buy it if it is as good and as realistic as the FS9 version.

Anybody used both?

Thanks

Steve Cooper

As far as I know the Aerosoft ATR 72 is actually a Carenado product. I had the Flight 1 ATR in the FS days and liked it a lot but I have not been tempted to try the Carenado ATR's.

For something in that class I now fly the QW Dash 8 Q400

Johan Pienaar

I don't have the Carenado ATR's but have a lot of other Carenado aircraft.
I did have Flight1 ATR though.

It is save to say that Carenado aircraft (in general) are in no way study level (or even sophisticated) aircraft. A lot of (very nice) eye-candy but there it ends most of the time.
I like Carenado aircraft but only for the purpose they serve.

If you want a very good turbo prop, go for the Majestic Q400 (Pro version)
http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/products.html

• Upvote 2

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

18 hours ago, Captcoop said:

Thanks both of you , Carenado of course not Aerosoft my mistake.

The ATR was a awesome addon for it's day.  I helped beta test it too.

For P3D you need to switch to the Majestic Dash 8 linked above.  It's maybe the best passenger hauler out there.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Get the Majestic Q 400. It is awesome. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks everybody I will be getting the Q 400. Is it worth paying the extra for the Pro version ?

5 hours ago, Captcoop said:

Thanks everybody I will be getting the Q 400. Is it worth paying the extra for the Pro version ?

Yes.  It's got a HUD among other features (not sure on the name of the glass I typically fly general aviation)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You can upgrade from Q400 Pilot to Pro by paying the price difference. Pro version gets you multiplayer shared cockpit, HUD, 125 Hz controls (if you set them up), some failures, circuit breakers, alternate gear, autopilot TCS mode and METAR on the FMS. I've stuck with Pilot edition as I wouldn't use most of those in my routine flying.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg