Sign in to follow this  
JB3DG

What developers want

Dynamic lighting with actual shadows...

• Like 3

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Frag, - I see the change to your Commercial status didn't stick. I'm going to try to find out what is happening. At any case I know you are legit so no problem.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Thanks Rick

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I just tried again and now it is showing. Sorry for the delay but it is fixed now.  Rock on.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Regarding simconnect - first of all, it is a function of Camera6dof. Need full control of 6 variables (plus 7 is zoom) - Camera6dof (x,y,z,x1,y1,z1,zoom) - get the current values and the ability to change.

Yet, the simulator must return through a variable camera state that is selected by the user at the moment - it's either a Spot, or an external camera or a world camera.

Still, it would be nice to have more variables from the simconnect returning data about the physics of the flight model.

In any case, you need a good description of the SDK and more information about the use of data through simconnect (or another structure, if something other than simconnect will be the interface with the simulator) .

• Like 3

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Freeware Developer. Admin of a forum about scenery design.

It would be great if Nvidia PhysX could get into the simulator, that would be a big deal. Because you could get a whole range of credible animations.

The windsock would not just wag, but he would flutter in the wind (cloth modifier). But also dynamic collision, gravity, friction, etc. If you hit, for example, with the wing to a light pole, then the mast breaks off at predefined predetermined breaking points.

These are just small examples.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de

Freeware airfile designer

Please fix/develop

1) Jet engine simulation, fuel incorrectly burns from Fn (net thrust) when it shoud burn from Fg gross thrust (1506&1507 in the turbine tables)

2) CL v mach, no rendering of compression effect v mach so pitch increases 

3) TSFC value, sim currently has 1 hard coded value for all regimes of flight, please make this dynamic so that fuel burn can be scaled at all aspects of flight instead of faking it through a gauge

4) Sim1.dll, please expose the values in here and allow some of the sims physics to be controlled externally. Eg rolling friction for concrete is way too high in sim, remove or elaborate on some of the hard coded turbine modelling within sim1.dll and put them in the airfile or aircraft.cfg

5) Please give us the ability to model more than 2 stages of a jet turbine, ie Rolls Royce engines 3 stage N1/2/3

6) Please rework the mach tables to provide higher resolution than 0.2 increments, 0.1 would be better 

loads more on Fsdeveloper, but many thanks 

Edited by kand
  • Like 3

Dai - both freeware developer and commercial developer for PILOT'S.

Upgrade those terrible 8-bit graphics to 24-bit. The latest generation of Nvidia GTX2000-series graphics cards and 4K monitors is a complete nightmare for any form of gradient, however slight. I thought I'd had a few problems with the older GTX900-series cards on HDMI monitors, but 8-bit graphics on Turing cards is a swamp without a bottom.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

freeware MV-22B developer.

1. more option for flight model like VTOL

2. more flexible for custom variable to be use in multiplayer.

• Like 2

Here's another one:

more engines! It'd be great if wee could develop something with more than 4 engines.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

wing42_logo_smaller.png

www.wing42.com

24 minutes ago, GMVitus said:

Here's another one:

more engines! It'd be great if wee could develop something with more than 4 engines.

B-52....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Proper afterburners

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Milviz said:

Proper afterburners

This is a bit vague...So I will elaborate on it.

For fast jets, there are 2 types of afterburners. Staged burners (like the F-18's 6 stages, the F-4's 4 stages, the F100-PW-220's 5 stages or -229s 11 stages), and linear variation, like the J85 in the T-38 or the F110-GE-129 which have basically unlimited precision selection between MIL and MAX. FSX only supported stages.

And another item I just thought of....If the rain without clouds could be fixed, and access to precipitation zone data in DirectX texture form for weather radar displays provided....If the actual precipitation rate and directions could be simulated, would be even better for detecting windshear and turbulence.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

On 7/25/2019 at 3:00 PM, simbol said:

I would also be nice if the SDK could support other 3D developing tools besides 3Dsmax, for example Blender as it would allow many more freeware developers to contribute with the ecosystem

+1 for this request.  The community created an FSX model exporter for Blender and it would be nice to have this from the beginning with the new sim.  I made the Aerosoft DC-8 largely with Blender -- it's a great tool and free.  3Dsmax is just too expensive and does not offer any obvious advantage over Blender for model creation and texturing. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Michael Cependa

Developer Aerosoft DC-8

27 minutes ago, Michael Cependa said:

+1 for this request.  The community created an FSX model exporter for Blender and it would be nice to have this from the beginning with the new sim.  I made the Aerosoft DC-8 largely with Blender -- it's a great tool and free.  3Dsmax is just too expensive and does not offer any obvious advantage over Blender for model creation and texturing. 

I'll repeat what I said before, just make MSFS use standardized export formats. Like any other modern game engine. Examples: FBX, GLTF, Alembic, OBJ, USD. The great thing about standards is there are so many to choose from, LOL.  No special exporters necessary. Use any 3D software you like.

But I fully agree 3dsMax is a non-starter for hobbyists, and the new Blender 2.8 looks awesome, but there are other nice options besides that also have good Indie or hobbyist licensing options.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Barry Friedman